Axe-Fx disengaging in Logic Pro

Lee G

Inspired
I have been having issues with axe fx iii in Logic pro all day. It is working fine and then all sound disappears. Axe is still set as the audio interface but there is no sound. The only way to fix it is to turn both the axe unit and logic off and then back on. Then it works as normal. Any ideas what would cause this?

Sounds like possibly a cable shorting out or maybe an issue with one of the ports... are you connected to a hub or connecting directly to the computer? Is this a new configuration for you or have you been using the AxeFx as an audio interface for a while without issue?

I had the same problem all I had to do was Unplug the USB Cable and it would work again.. Then Cliff mentioned a new MAC USB Beta Firmware and that fixed my issue...
Contact support and they'll send you the new MAC USB Beta Firmware. They sent it to me and it's working great...

Sounds like possibly a cable shorting out or maybe an issue with one of the ports... are you connected to a hub or connecting directly to the computer? Is this a new configuration for you or have you been using the AxeFx as an audio interface for a while without issue?
Thanks for the reply. I am on a hub so maybe I should go directly into the Mac as a first port of call and see if that fixes it. Thanks.

My personal experience I have always needed to have my audio interfaces directly connected to a port on my computer. Anytime I've tried a hub I've had issues. If you're just managing presets you should be fine but if you're using it as your audio interface I'd direct connect if you can.

Back
Top Bottom