Axe FX Compressor, or your favorite Pedal Compressor?

I use a either a Keeley, boss cs-2, or wampler ego depending on the gig. If I were to use the AXE it would be "two" studio comp blocks. It's the closest thing to a real pedal.
For me, the axe comp block doesn't have the same effectiveness as the pedals I use. I hope someday they will model some actual pedals.

Couldn't agree more my friend!

Only thing I haven't really been able to dial in is the Orange Squeeze side of my Analogman Bi-Comp. Man that thing was awesome. It gave this real nice attack to the notes that really made them jump out.

I forgot this thread existed, but have since gotten a dyna comp. Talk about squish! More like an effect than a tool. I only use it for jazz so I have to leave the sensitivity on basically 0 or everything quickly turns into chicken pickin'. It also has an undesirable noise floor which doesn't happen in the Axe. I wouldn't mind sitting down with it and spending some time dialing it in on the Axe if anyone would be interested.

Using a compressor effectively is somewhat of a challenge to me; I agree that I like to either "barely hear it' or squish the crap outta something. Perhaps someone could tell me how to utilize it otherwise, but I don't like losing the dynamics or pick attack. I've recently tried a 30-40ms attack which seems to help/let the transient through.

Suggested AXEFX II settings would be cool if folks care to share their set-ups and uses.

Only thing I haven't really been able to dial in is the Orange Squeeze side of my Analogman Bi-Comp. Man that thing was awesome. It gave this real nice attack to the notes that really made them jump out.
I would be interested to learn, how you replicated the CompROSSor side of your bi-comp - I have a comprossor, and I cannot get the AxeComp to give me anything like it, when it comes to squish and just grabbing the notes.

Back
Top Bottom