Axe-FX clip - clarity and definition under gain

Nolly

Inspired
Hi guys,

I'm recording a friend's band (mostly commercial American rock in a similar vein to Alter Bridge) over the next few weeks, so I've done a few preliminary mixtests. I thought I'd share this one since it shows off how clear the Cold Sweats are under loads of gain.
I recorded this with my Blackmachine B6, with its pair of Cold Sweats, though only the bridge pickup is used here. I ran it through my Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra, using the Mesa/Boogie Mark IV and Diezel VH4 patches through the 4x12 German and V30 cabs. Excuse the naff sounding "bass", it's actually my guitar pitchshifted down an octave. The real recordings will have real bass on them. The guitars are quad-tracked.

You can listen to and download the clip here:

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/790683/Axe-F ... 0Sweat.mp3

Gratuitous picture of the B6:

IMG_1876.jpg

Hope you enjoy it!

Nolly

Good Golly Miss Nolly!

I've been waiting for my BK Cold Sweat since Mar. 12, 2009... I finally got my pickup last week and it turned out to be a seven string pickup!!! I ordered a six string version... Argggg!!! Now I have to wait again!!!! This pickup better do my dishes too!

gchirag what do you mean by "Tone is nice but tracking is not because it sounds over done."?

Little confused by that.

Cheers Dez!

Parka Dez said:
gchirag what do you mean by "Tone is nice but tracking is not because it sounds over done."?

Little confused by that.

Me too. To be fair, tracking was done in a rather slapdash manner, but the aim was to get a really OTT sound.

mortega76 said:
Good Golly Miss Nolly!

I've been waiting for my BK Cold Sweat since Mar. 12, 2009... I finally got my pickup last week and it turned out to be a seven string pickup!!! I ordered a six string version... Argggg!!! Now I have to wait again!!!! This pickup better do my dishes too!

It's a great pickup, I imagine you'll find it's worth the wait!

Back
Top Bottom