Axe FX case SKB

Robotik

Sorry to add yet another thread on the topic, but searching through the forums, I still haven't found an answer for a solid 2-4u case for the Axe. I bought the SKB shallow and the back panel won't close even when the Axe is unplugged. I'm not keen on the Gator cases (seem kinda cheap, could be wrong). Also, I'd like something that's not unnecessarily bulky, so a shallow option is preferable, as I understand it the standard rack depth options can be kinda huge.

So what cases do you use?

Cheers

Last edited:
any standard SKB case that's not shallow should work. gator rotomold is about the same quality as most SKB. i personally don't like the newer SKB designs with the hard plastic latches. i always look for full metal latches.

is there some feature you need besides "not too big"?

is there some feature you need besides "not too big"?

Mainly not too big, but also would like something that's quality (durable) and preferably without obnoxious branding (fat GATOR sign). If you think I overlooked the gator rotomold, I'll give it another look. Full disclosure this is my first rack case of any kind, so I suppose I'm not sure what I ought to be looking for. Metal latches seem like a no brainer I'd agree.

Use case is strictly home and minimal travel. No gigging for the moment.

I sent you a PM. Partly it's info on how I used my SKB, and partly it's a link to a used one I'm hoping to pass along.

Back
Top Bottom