Axe-Fx as MIDI Source

Do you want this feature?

• Total voters

Dinkledorf

Inspired
Sorry if this is a repeat and if so, please delete. I looked through a few pages of the current requests and did not find anything similar.

The idea is to provide ability to use a standard guitar to trigger midi messages and CCs that can be routed to external midi modules (synths, etc.) along the lines of the VG product from Roland but without the need for a "special" pickup.

Regards,

Walt

HUGE +1 from me on this.

- The synth tracks very well. Why not use it as a rudimentary monophonic MIDI pitch source? It would probably give you better tracking than Roland GK equipment would.

- You really should be able to use the Axe-Fx as a MIDI clock source.

- It would be fantastic if the Axe implemented the MIDI PC/CC mapping capabilities that most Eventide units have. Being limited to one CC per MIDI expression pedal is definitely a major limitation for me.

I think if these changes were made, the Axe-Fx would be the undeniably best standalone effects unit ever made. The models of everything are great. We just need more flexible external routing!

This has come up before and been rejected, but I'll always vote for it. Even though it would be limited to monophonic, I'm sure we would find all kinds of creative uses for it.

I actually do it by use of a Nord Modular G2 Engine.

I use it for many things like triggering Env Follower, midi sequence (NMG2 can link multi 16 step Seq bloc similar to the Axe Sequencer, so, I can program sequences of many bars), etc...

If Axe would have this feature, I'd probably simlify my rig.

The Search function is your friend.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=8044

http://www.fractalaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6888&hilit=pitch+to+midi

http://www.fractalaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6888

Here's the condensed version - a quote from Cliff himself:

"No, it's really beyond the scope of the unit's intended purpose. I could do it but then it becomes a synthesizer and people will start demanding synth features. It's important that a product always have a clear focus. If you start diluting the focus and becoming reactionary you end up pleasing no one.

Perhaps a future product.

CC"

jufros said:
- The synth tracks very well. Why not use it as a rudimentary monophonic MIDI pitch source? It would probably give you better tracking than Roland GK equipment would.
The Synth block in the Ultra "doesn't" track in the same way a Roland does because the Ultra is using the audio as the source/oscillator. Converting pitch-to-MIDI is a whole different ball of wax.

All of the three links you mentioned are essentially talked about MIDI Notes, but we're talking many more things like translating Envelop follower to a midi CC for example.

Spawn-X said:
All of the three links you mentioned are essentially talked about MIDI Notes, but we're talking many more things like translating Envelop follower to a midi CC for example.
Right, but the topic of having it transmit MIDI note data has been brought up in this thread so I figured folks should be aware of the discussions that have already occurred on this subject.

Spawn-X said:

+1 for me.

It could be very interesting if Axefx could send CC for each "controller".

THE BIGGEST HUGEST NUMBER +11111111 FROM ME.

This is my #1 request and will be until it's done. It makes sense. The Ultra can obviously track guitar notes and convert them to synth very quickly, faster than any axon box i've ever owned.

I would pay an additional $1000 for this feature.

relaxo said:
THE BIGGEST HUGEST NUMBER +11111111 FROM ME. This is my #1 request and will be until it's done. It makes sense. The Ultra can obviously track guitar notes and convert them to synth very quickly, faster than any axon box i've ever owned I would pay an additional $1000 for this feature.
...and an overwhelming majority of us do not even want this feature. The Ultra does not "track" anything. The guitar is simply used as an an oscillator to drive an effect.

Back
Top Bottom