Axe fx and Duet problem

efx

Inspired
Hi everyone!

I got a mac a couple of days ago and I have set up everything but the axefx.

I have a Duet and im using a reg guitar cable from the left unbalanced 1 output into the instrument 1 input on rhe duet.

I get on the axefx sound on the input and the output signal lights up as well but I get no sound through my monitors. Im a bit new at this so any help with how to set up the duet would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

I

Have you made sure your mac has selected the duet as the audio interface? It should do it automatically when you installed the apogee software..but it's good to check. Do you get sound from your monitor playing a song in itunes? What daw are you using? GarageBand/Logic? Make sure that is set up correctely, it's usually just something you have over looked setting up.

Yeah, I should have mentiones that it works for playing sound both in itunes and logic 9. Is there a setting in maestro I need to fiddle with?

Can you post a screen shot of your Apogee Maestro windows when you're playing your guitar? Easier to give guidance that way.

You want to make sure you've got your gain set reasonable and there's input on the inputs. That's the left window. Mine is at zero and my AxeFx ouput 1 knob is set around 1:00.

And then you want to make sure your mixer doesn't have the input muted. That's the right channel. I dial it down in the mixer to mix it in with backing tracks I'm rehearsing to.

I'll bet good money you've got Input 1/2 muted or the sliders are down in the mixer.

Screen%20shot%202010-07-04%20at%208.15.43%20PM.png

Back
Top Bottom