axe fx 3 turbo connectivity problem

gtrjono

hi recently purchased axe fx 3 turbo over $5000 I had a sound engineer over to help me with connecting to logic and keyboards and bass we have a connectivity problem if I plug in a keyboard or bass it works then next minute it doesn't work until I shut down axefx and restart ? the tech got upset and said he can't help me anymore its impossible to work with it ? we have updated all firmware etc has any one else had similar issue ?

Please provide details of what is connected and how it's connected.

If you don't connect anything but an instrument, headphones and a power cable (anything else disconnected) does it work as expected?

I seem to recall some issue with Logic interacting with the Axe Fx, but I don't use Logic.

hi recently purchased axe fx 3 turbo over $5000 I had a sound engineer over to help me with connecting to logic and keyboards and bass we have a connectivity problem if I plug in a keyboard or bass it works then next minute it doesn't work until I shut down axefx and restart ? the tech got upset and said he can't help me anymore its impossible to work with it ? we have updated all firmware etc has any one else had similar issue ?
A quick breakdown of some things to try:

1. Try another USB cable
2. Try another USB port on the computer
3. Try connecting it to a different computer
4. Ensure that your USB connections are NOT allowed to "go to sleep" for power saving
5. Ensure that your USB drivers on computer are up to date

There are other things to try but off the top of my head, that is a list of many of the culprits. There are a few threads here on the forum that go into more detail. Best of luck and if you have any additional specifics, as requested by unix-guy, be sure to post here.

maybe switching between different input levels that triggers the erratic behavior?

Are you going via an audio interface or just using the Axe FX over USB? Please tell us your routing.

If it's USB try another cable, almost all issues I've had over USB has been because of the cable.

sorry for delay, I got a Focusrite i18/20 going out to my mixer and then I was bringing in the keyboards from mixer into
The OP doesn't say used... And in some locations the cost is quite high.

Maybe in Australia?
yes in Australia and turbo higher price covid and availability pushed prices up

Back
Top Bottom