Axe FX 3 and Logic

Gtrguy12

I am a new Axe FX 3 user, and trying to record to Logic via usb with no luck. I am then listening to the Axe FX with headphones through the front panel. I did some googling and was unable to find the answer. I must be overlooking something but do not know where to start. Any advice as to where to look, or any additional information that is needed? Axe-Edit is working without issue so the usb connection appears to be good.

You're going to need to elaborate on "no luck".

What have you tried and what are the results?

I don't know Logic but in most DAWs you need to select the audio input device before you can use it.

Have you done that?

I use AF3 as my main audio interface and sometimes set output device in Logic to built-in output.

In this case, If I turn off AF3 and then Logic is closed, output sound of my iMac is muted. So Youtube can't play and I can't hear music via iTunes. When AF3 is turned on in this state, Logic recognizes AF3 but it is no longer possible to record as the input has no signal. The only way to solve this situation was to unplug and reconnect the USB cable.

Fortunately, the way to avoid this is to always open and close Logic only while AF3 is power on. This procedure requires some trial and error to get used to, but there is no issue at all afterwards.

I hope my case will help you.

Alright thanks for the input everyone, I was able to get it recording the Axe Fx. Now I need to figure out how to export the file into different audio formats.

Back
Top Bottom