AXE FX 2 XL+ JUST FOR EFFECTS

sherpa_man

Inspired
Hi,

I am just after some information, i am not new to fractal audio, i have owned all the axe fx range. I would like to try something new with my setup and use my axe fx for effects only through my kemper. What would be the best way of wiring this setup? my kemper is the power head version. I will only use the axe for effects only and my kemper for the amp profiles.

Also with the midi side of things i use my rjm mastermind gt running a midi cable to and from my kemper, would i just run the extra cable from my midi thru on my kemper to midi in on my axe?

Many thanks in advance.

Looking at the I/O on the kemper powerhead, if I were running that way I'd use 4CM just like an amp head. That'd give the flexibility to put compressors, drives, etc, in front, and reverbs delays in the kemper send/return loop.

As far as MIDI, not knowing what axe fx you have, and not having a kemper myself, I can't say which way is best, but the way you described should work fine as long as there's no delay (specifically for things like midi expression pedals). Shouldn't be any delay if it's a true MIDI thru.

Yep. Mind you, I don't have a kemper, nor have I tried this, so read up on the 4 cable method, and read your documentation for both units thoroughly to make sure it will work and how to set it up. Matching signal levels will be important... I don't know what levels the Kemper expects or sends on its ports. And whatever you do, do not connect the powered outs from the Kemper to anything except a speaker.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Why not keep everything digital? Not sure if spdif between the two units is possible, but if it is removing some ADC would seem ideal.

Why not keep everything digital? Not sure if spdif between the two units is possible, but if it is removing some ADC would seem ideal.
This ^^^^. Kemper has SPDIF, that way you can configure with axe-edit. Also good for recording/re-amping, yadda yadda

Back
Top Bottom