Axe Fx 2 volume drops while playing

Slabbefusk

Hello!

Might not be the best way to introduce yourself to the forums by posting a thread about problems with the unit but here goes. I use the Axe into a poweramp and cab with no external controller. Sometimes the volume just fades out and tapping on the front panel with my fingers when this is happening seems to make the volume jump up and down. Tapping the front panel when the problem is not there does nothing neither does tapping the front of my PA. I have only experienced it with high gain patches so far but that might be because they are the ones I play the most.

I have the Axe in a rack with the PA (MosValve 962) on top of my 2x12 cabinet.

Restarting the unit seems to solve the problem but it is still very annoying to have the unit go out during recording or playing. I have not felt any burnt smell coming from the unit.

Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this?

Best regards,
David

Welcome aboard, David!

Indeed a bad way to start ;) but perhaps we can turn it into a good one and solve the problem.
I'll start with the most obvious:

1. Have you checked all connections? From the guitar (and anything in between) to the Axe? From A-Fx to power amp?
It's been more than once that I had a problem and thought "it can't be the cable!", yet it was.

2. Check the noisegate (part of every patch, under "layout"). Turn it off and see if the problem reoccurs.

Welcome aboard, David!

Indeed a bad way to start ;) but perhaps we can turn it into a good one and solve the problem.
I'll start with the most obvious:

1. Have you checked all connections? From the guitar (and anything in between) to the Axe? From A-Fx to power amp?
It's been more than once that I had a problem and thought "it can't be the cable!", yet it was.

2. Check the noisegate (part of every patch, under "layout"). Turn it off and see if the problem reoccurs.

Thank you for the quick reply!

I managed to bump into my cabinet whick shook the whole rack a little bit. This made the volume drop occur again.

I will try the things you suggested and see if there are any improvements.

//David

I just thought I would post an update. I tried turning off the noise gate on the patches that I use and so far I haven't had any more problems with it! Keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't happen again.

Back
Top Bottom