Axe-Fx 2: Stevie Ray Vaughan Guitar Tone Video Tutorial

Gamedojo

Power User
Took some time today to make my first tutorial video for the Axe-Fx 2.

I got enough responses from my work building SRV patches, that I figured I'd do a tutorial demonstrating the basic, bare-bones starting point that I tend to do to get his sound.

Now, keep in mind, further tweaking can always produce even better results then this particular video, but I didn't want to make a 3 hour vid on A/B comparing every nuance:)

PATCH & IR CAPTURE DOWNLOAD:
Tyler Grund's Axe-Fx II WebsiteHome

Last edited:
dam this is a great patch and tone you have. very cool to see these great patches. you rock mate. thanks

Cool man, Great playing as well!!!! Want to add after viewing the video that man, the Axe II has come A LONG Freaking WAY, I mean geesh, it's so so so easy to dial in super great tones now, years ago it was work, but now WOW...Cliff should be patting himself on the back just for that fact alone!!!!

Last edited:
Great tutorial, you've got the knack for keeping it interesting. Great playing BTW.

Great video. Nice pacing. Tons of information. And stellar playing and tones!

And to answer your question about whether 2 Tube Screamers is a good idea or not...

Yes. Yes. It is always a good idea! :D

Was there a newer Axe Edit released ?

I see yours says "Quantum" (mine says 21) and you have the Dephase in your cab block.

I'm running the Quantum beta but my AE says its FW 21. I also don't have Dephase showing up.

I think I'm running AE 3.2 (not at my system now).

Should mine say "Quantum" instead of 21 ? Thinking I did something wrong....

I'm running the Quantum beta but my AE says its FW 21. I also don't have Dephase showing up.

Oh, you won't see the right firmware name in AE until a new version is released. Sorry, misread your post. Tyler has a beta.

That's normal. You'll have to wait until the new version of AE is released for it to show the correct FW version.

Back
Top Bottom