Axe FX 2 --> RME FF400 UC --> Pro Tools

Jofipe

Is anyone running this setup?
Would you like shed some light on your connections?

I wanna run it like this, cause I wanna record clean through my Radial JDV-Pre for later reamping.. it sounds extremely clean.

Do you connect with s/pdif?

I can't quite get them to talk together.. maybe i'm missing something.

I connected my RME UFX by AES with a standard balanced microphone cable. If you want to use spdif, select spdif on the Axe. Press the I/0 button, scroll over one page and you will be in the Audio settings. Scroll down till you see the Spdif/AES select. Set this to spdif. In the RME Fireface settings page you should set spdif to professional. In the spdif source window select coaxial (not optical). Set the sample rate to 48,000 Hz. On the bottom of the page it should say spdif sync if it is working. Now it should show up in the spdif input channel in the Totalmix window. AES is working great for me, however I can not use axe edit while Totalmix is open. Definite USB port conflicts when both are plugged into the same USB hub.

Last edited:
Thx for the answer

It works perfectly now going axe fx --- > FF 400 UC but going FF 400 UC ---> a the Axe FX 2 show "NO INPUT CLOCK!" on the screen.. and Pro Tools will show some "hardware failure" message.
I am running 48k 24bit.

Back
Top Bottom