Axe Fx 2 / MFC-101 MK3 and Mission Engineerig SP-1 Set up Help

AxeFXLover

All,

Help! I have had my Axe Fx2 and MFC-101 via Ethernet cable along with 2 Mission Engineering SP-1 pedals for quite some time. I never got around to actually configuring the pedals and finally had some time to do so. I'd like to have one set up as a wah and the other as a volume pedal. Right now I just want to get one set up as a wah for recording and for the life of me I can't get it to work. I have done everything in Cooper Carters set up video several times over and still no luck.

The only difference I see is that he has and 2 XL and I have the regular 2. Is there anything I might be missing? I have the latest firmware and have reset the pedal to the factory settings once already. After I go thru the video and engage the wah from the pedal I get nothing. I see that the control value moves a tiny little bit but thats it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tested the pedal by connecting it directly to the Axe-Fx to verify that it isn't faulty?

Have you connected the output jacks on the expression pedal to the correct ports on your MFC-101? I've mixed up the ports on an SP-1 before (easy to do)...

Are you using TRS cables and not TS cables?

Have you calibrated the pedal?

Cooper's directions are super clear so if none of those suggested checks are helping I'd start over and go through step-by-step with the video again.

With an SP-1, I set the switch to control Wah1 bypass, while the volume block is after the CAB so I can get delay and reverb trails. The volume is set to external 1. I only have one scene with the volume block engaged. That way you don't need 2 expression pedals.

Back
Top Bottom