AXE FX 2 GETS STUCK ON ONE PATCH

SRDELE

Inspired
MY AXE WILL GET STUCK ON ONE PATCH, IT WAS A FAS DOWNLOAD WITCH DID WORK, BUT IF I GO TO IT NOW IT GETS STUCK THERE AND I HAVE TO REBOOT. HOW CAN I GET RID OF JUST ONE PATCH WITH OUT AXE EDIT. IF PUT ON THE PATCH THE AXE HAS NO RESPONSE TO ANY BUTTON. THANKS FOR ANY HELP

HOLD RECALL BUTTON AS YOU POWER ON THE UNIT. THEN DELETE ALL THE BLOCKS IN THE PRESET.

TYPING IN ALL CAPS IS CONSIDERED "YELLING" ON THE INTERNET.

Sorry for the caps not use to typing that much. tried the recall thig but did not work so did a factory reset for bank c were the problem was and the tried to download some user patches again. Got about 6 in and same thing happened again. It was stuck on factory happy place this time. axe edit through a imac with snow leaperd. Is axe edit ok to use for vs 9? For now i will try just to get back to where i need to be. Just not shure whats going on.

Best not to use Axe-Edit right now - it's all jacked up and prone to causing... Well, weird shit like this. Another way to deal with a hosed patch (if you can reboot and get away from it) is to just save a different patch over it.

Unrelated: I also live in Amesbury, and I caught your band at Brewfest. cheers! :)

Thank for the help guys. I just had to redo realy only two patches so not so bad , I will not use axe edit at this time. I only use axe edit to put in user patches and tweek all from the axe it's self.
mg cris, Would you like to meet up sometime?I would like to meet some one eles who has an axe that might help me with it. Hope you liked the show as well.

Hey guys,

I'm having this issue too, but I'm not plugged into axe edit at all, and I've also unplugged my midi controller.
I can hold recall and restart and everything is fine, and i can wheel forward fine up past the 300, but as soon as I start to wheel backward, i get caught on my #10 preset (splawn quickrod 3)
I was able to hold recall, boot up, and delete all the blocks.. but the problem is still occuring.

Any ideas? Have not tried to reinstall fw 9 because it looks like axe edit is not finding my axe now, either..

Was able to connect to axe edit so I could re-install FW9.

Still getting stuck/froze on preset 10. Text is on the screen, but no sound and I can't scroll up or down.

Anyone else having a similar issue? Anyone had this issue while not connected to axe edit? Is it possible to compltetely DELETE the entire preset 10?
Can't figure out what could be corrupting it, since all blocks have now been deleted.

any help appreciated.
thanks,
case

Is it possible to compltetely DELETE the entire preset 10?

Chris, I think your best approach is to copy a different preset (one that is working fine and has good sound and signal audible) into slot #10, and see if you can still hear that preset when you recall it in #10, and it sounds the same as wherever you grabbed it from. heck it could be preset 9 or 11, just duplicating it into slot 10, then toggle between them and make sure they sound identical. That would mean there was just something goofy in the CC mapping for the input volume or perhaps mapping to the amp to be muted or gain on amp or cab, or mixer, to be off. Those would be my guesses. I had a problem going into the weekend on a patch I created 3 months ago, which was before scenes were introduced. I needed to play that song again (from 3 months ago). Now I was running beta 9.0 with scenes. I had mapped scene changes into my Liquid foot presets. The song had 4 distinct sounds, basically: verse, chorus, bridge, solo. I mapped those to scene 1,2,3,4 in this old preset. Everytime I went into that preset on scene 1, I had absolutely no sound. If I switched to scene 2, the amp module was bypassed, even though I physically activated it on the front panel of the Axe and saved the preset, and furthermore, even though I've never programmed my Liquid Foot to send the CC for Amp 1 bypass. If I went to preset 3 (scene 3) and then back into preset 2 (scene 2) - the amp was there, like I wanted it to be, and if I jumped back to preset 1 (scene 1) there was sound and the usual sound I expect for the intro and verse of the song. I think this weirdness was axe beta 9, and not my controller. I couldn't fix it, so I just loaded the song, hit preset 1, then 2, then 3, then 1 again, before our drummer clicked off the song to begin. By doing this quickly, all my scenes had audio present, and my amp was not bypassed in preset 2 (scene 2) in that Axe patch. I have not loaded 9.0 firm yet and fired up my whole rig to see if that glitch is resolved for that particular song. Just relaying that I had a "no sound when I load my preset" over this past weekend while using beta 9.

I hope you get your issue resolved, and I hope that when I install 9.0, my glitch of no sound when first loaded, goes away too.

Good luck and keep rockin'

Rodney

Back
Top Bottom