Axe-fx 2 for the aussies!!!

Pulverizer - we appreciate that, but it's an issue of warranty service. The local distributor won't provide warranty service to units not purchased from him.

While we all accept that that is fair enough, the lack of supply is quite frustrating.

Pulverizer - we appreciate that, but it's an issue of warranty service. The local distributor won't provide warranty service to units not purchased from him.

While we all accept that that is fair enough, the lack of supply is quite frustrating.

Understandable.....just putting it out there. Good luck guys hope you get hooked up soon.

Just wondering if anyone has received a unit recently (i.e. in the last few weeks?). Note sure when the next Australian shipment is due, but the US waiting list appears to be < 4 months now so I'm not sure how many units are making their way here at present (we're at about 8 months and counting).

Chris

stratcat - the answer would be no.

The IM site does have appear to have units in stock at $3199, but I presume (assuming they are actually in stock) that they are left over from the shipment that arrived back in October or so.

Manning - thanks. I'll see if IM chime in, but not sure they'll actually be in stock (there would have been a few other excited people in this thread :)). Our wait list appears to be back to mid-May or so at this stage and the US wait list shipping from late Sep. I guess I'm just getting impatient now! (Especially after getting back from holiday to find the latest copy of Guitarist Australia has reviewed the AxeII + I've spent some more time with a competing product which sounds great but lacking in other functionality that my Axe Std has).

It's a good review in Guitarist Australia by the way - good reading for anyone considering a purchase.

:)

Chris

Got an email tonight from IM saying their first shipment of 2012 will be leaving the US in the next week, and offers to buy will be sent out soon.

Interestingly, it seems the waiting list price is now $2679, $30 more than the $2649 they announced as the RRP on September 15.

Nice. Good luck guys :) I'm now waiting on an MFC 101, can't wait because at the moment switching patches is turning the value knob, not very smooth!

:D

Cheers.

And got the email here as well...

The $30 increase seems fair enough, it is barely more than a 1% increase.

I checked the exchange rates for the time of the first announcement and they were sitting around $1.07-$1.08 and now they're at $1.02 to $1.03.

Hence $30 seems to be heavily weighted in our favour - Andrew could have justified a 4-5% increase solely based on exchange rate differences.

I wonder how far this shipment will eat into the waiting list?

Not that far I'd imagine …but I guess only Andrew really knows ;)

I’m curious ...does anyone know approximately how many Australians & Kiwis are on this forum ?

I’m curious ...does anyone know approximately how many Australians & Kiwis are on this forum ?
Someone hosted a world map of AxeFX owners a while back. Voluntary participation of course, but interesting nonetheless. I expect the forum hosts could get some stats from forum member data.

Just put myself on the waiting list, so I thought I'd mark the occasion by posting that in this thread!

Rock on...

/R

Back
Top Bottom