Axe-fx 2 for the aussies!!!

Pestered Andrew for an update and the upshot is that he's not had an update and he's still waiting on October shipment. So yeah, I would say next month at the earliest :cry

Cheers.
Thanks for the update. I'm still hoping to get my hands on the AFX before Christmas. I was added to the list mid-May.

Edit: What's the status of the MFC-101 in Oz? Is there also a waiting list?

Last edited:
Not sure. I asked Andrew a couple of weeks ago to order me a MFC as well and he said they were expecting some 'soon'. I asked him for an update on that as well and got the same answer.

Cheers.

If anyone is keen, there's an axe II on eBay for 3 grand. I would go for it but I just don't think I can handle not having warranty.

Looks like there are some MFC101s in stock now. Things have been quiet this month, I hope they pick up in November and that they get some units out before the holiday season starts and they stop shipping until next year.

I was really hoping my Axe II would have turned up by now, esp. since I'm on week 3 of 5 weeks parental leave at the moment. I could've had the 6 month old rocking out to tasty Axe II tunes!

:D

I was a bit slow off the mark, thinking the IM list was just an 'info' list and not a 'wait' list :roll I got on the list 18/05.

Cheers.

Crap. I made the same mistake, except I didn't get on the IM list until July 2. I'll have to go with the Fractal list (I should come up on that fairly soon, and I have an address in the US to send it to.)

Waiting List

Hi Guys, Just thought I'd send an update. As you can imagine, I field a lot of calls and emails everyday that are essentially "are we there yet" emails. The short answer at this time is 'no'. We were expecting the remainder of our last shipment in October but it hasn't arrived yet. I'm assuming that we'll be notified soon about its impending arrival.

Just to clarify the waiting list: I'll post to the list as soon as I have some news about our next shipment. If your name comes up on the list, we'll contact you and offer you the opportunity to purchase an Axe-Fx II when they become available. If, at that time, you don't want / can't afford an Axe-Fx II, I'll leave you on the list and contact you when the next shipment comes in, or take you off the list completely if you prefer.

We will probably follow in Fractals footsteps and offer people the opportunity to jump the que if they pay a higher price. The motivation for this is so that we can automate the whole waiting list / sales process via our online shop which means that we can service clients in about a tenth of the time. Dealing with the waiting list manually last time was extremely slow and meant that people were kept waiting even longer than was necessary.

If you're considering purchasing an Axe-Fx Ii from the USA, I'd download a copy of the manual and check the warranty before you commit.

MFC-101's are in stock again, which is great. Grab one now if you need one as they're selling pretty quickly. We've been updating them to the latest firmware (as we always do), just make sure that you put it into Axe-Fx II mode when you receive it (if you have an Axe-Fx II that is!).

Last edited:
Warehousing is pretty much set up in Auckland for our New Zealand customers also! Axe-Fx IIs will be going your way with the next shipment.

FYI: The NZ Axe-Fx II waiting list is a separate entity, so our New Zealand clients shouldn't fear if they were late signing on.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, Andrew :)

If people pay a premium to jump the queue, I guess that means they would be "taking" from those near the end of the list, who will then need to wait even longer for yet another shipment?

Last edited:
@GM Arts, what you say is true to some extent. What we're hoping, is that people won't be silly enough to pay the extra amount for the same item, when they could just be patient and get an Axe-Fx II at a really good price by being on the waiting list.

The whole process is designed to make the waiting list work in an automated way with our online shop. Otherwise, I need to add stock to our shop one item at a time for each sale to prevent people from jumping the queue and buying an Axe-Fx II from under the person that I've just offered it to on the waiting list. Hope that makes sense:

1. Join waiting list.
2. Get discount code when Axe-Fx II are in stock and your turn comes up.
3. Buy Axe-Fx II at sensible price using 'discount' code.

Cheers,
Andrew

Last edited:
More Axe-Fx IIs

Hi Everyone,
I just got news that we have another small shipment of Axe-Fx IIs on their way to us in the next couple of weeks. Please keep an eye on your emails for mailing list news. I'll be contacting our NZ customers very soon also.

Thanks

This news comes less than 24 hrs after I paid for a Mark V haha

Still gonna get one when my name comes up.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom