Axe FX 2 crashing my PC?

JayNo

I'm currently using Firmware 8.01a and running Windows 7 64-bit.

I am plugged in through USB and using my Axe-FX 2 as my main audio interface (bypassing my motherboard's soundcard).

I usually mess around with my Axe while listening to music and when I flip through presets the sound coming out of my PC starts to flicker then eventually blue screen and crash. It happened to me twice today.

This isn't an Axe FX2 bug, it's an Axe edit bug, so should be in that section of the forum.

However also a quick search will reveal that with 8.01a it is advised do not use Axe edit. A new Axe edit is being worked on. In the meantime use the front panel and make sure Axe edit isn't running when using the Axe FX as a sound card that should help. Also make sure you are using the latest driver.

Understood, but this is not an Axe Edit bug, my Axe is just plugged to my PC and it crashes whenever I fiddle with it on the front panel while I'm listening to music simultaneously.

I'm well aware Axe Edit and the latest firmware have issues.

Those are the latest drivers that I am aware of. Is this happening with only the Axe connected, after rebooting and restarting without any other peripherals plugged in to make sure there isn't anything running in the background that may be causing a conflict. I am also using Win 7 x64 without any issue. I am still running the latest version of 7 on the Axe FX but if this was a common issue there would be more folks reporting issues.

If you have access to another PC it may be worth seeing if the same thing happens there.

im having same thing happening,when i jam with backingtracks suddenly axe and laptop freezes, i have to reboot both.i dont have axe edit i removed that from my computer

Back
Top Bottom