Axe-Fest Live Report

It was an awesome day. Talked to Matt on when they are going to release the new firmware which includes the new function 'scenes' which makes seamless transitions and spillover. He said possibly wednesday. Don't know if they would release the Axeedit the same day, I forgot to ask.

I also asked Cliff if they are making new stuff that I need to save money for. He said, uh im not telling. Lol. I should have asked over after he had a few beers.

I should have asked over after he had a few beers.
That's probably the second reason he doesn't drink beer (or very often) :mrgreen

For those who met Cliff: is it easy to believe he created the Axe-FX or is there anything remotely normal about him? :p ;)
Did you have your cats autographed...? :D
I hope you brought him a lot of gifts!?

Sorry I stopped posting this morning, I was having issues with the phone and the network. Everytime I would post a picture, it would fail and log me out.
I wanted to pay attention.

It truly was an awesome experience, and very time consuming, so I skipped out on a few things towards the end, as I still wanted to wander around the Amp Show.
But I have new things to try now, and a better understanding of how to make amp matching, tone matching, and such to work much better than before.

Will be interesting to see what else they do tomorrow!

All I can say about James Santiago is that he is a very articulate, knowledgeable, and blew my mind. You WANT these cabinets. He used some real hardcore gear with very specific settings for certain applications and MY GOD he knows what he's talking about.

Would you mind listing some of the applications?

Terry.

That's probably the second reason he doesn't drink beer (or very often) :mrgreen

For those who met Cliff: is it easy to believe he created the Axe-FX or is there anything remotely normal about him? :p ;)
Did you have your cats autographed...? :D
I hope you brought him a lot of gifts!?

Very unassuming person. Just a regular guy... down to earth. But of course, never judge a book by its cover. So much knowledge in that brain of his.

Would you mind listing some of the applications?

Terry.

Basically, he was super meticulous in studying what works. He has worked with the original tapes of greats such as Hendrix and such and heard before it was mastered. So he knows what really went on in creating the sounds. He also has tirelessly studied mic placements, types of mics, what works with what, etc. And with his knowledge, he has presented us with a gift. I believe two cabs but lots of variation in terms of mic placements, etc., I believe.

Believe me when I say this, I was shell shocked at the tone he was getting from the Axe-Fx using his IRs. Kind of a lower gain Eric Johnson, but smooth and singing. A true master at what he does.

Basically, he was super meticulous in studying what works. He has worked with the original tapes of greats such as Hendrix and such and heard before it was mastered. So he knows what really went on in creating the sounds. He also has tirelessly studied mic placements, types of mics, what works with what, etc. And with his knowledge, he has presented us with a gift. I believe two cabs but lots of variation in terms of mic placements, etc., I believe.

Believe me when I say this, I was shell shocked at the tone he was getting from the Axe-Fx using his IRs. Kind of a lower gain Eric Johnson, but smooth and singing. A true master at what he does.

basically this. His tone was stunning. I guess when I said certain applications I meant to say specific tones.

If I remember correctly, James also said that he was willing to share his patches, I believe. And so will Dweezil with his Dynoflanger patch. I'm excited.

Matt said that he was going to create an entire section for Axechange for artists.

What an awesome day. All the presenters were great. Thanks to all the fractal forum guys who have been so much help. They really have gone way beyond just helping. Without everyone's help and Matt and Cliff this wouldn't have come together so well. Then there is Craig and Kerry who made this all possible. They are the ones who without it wouldn't have happened. We all owe them our thanks.

M@ if you happen to read this thread, you have a goofy handshake :razz
M@ seems to look a bit like me actually.
A semi-nerd with no muscles, clothes hanging awkwardly around my bones :p ;)
But the knowledge, the intellect, the humour, ...! Quite unseen ;)

. Cliff really wants AXE II users to create IRs and share them on Axe Change, !

That's what I'm doing this weekend while reading the Axe Fest updates. TMA's and IR's comparing 8 mics through 2 different mic pres (that's 16 of each plus each TMA has X/Y amps). TMA is an AC15 ef86 channel vol 1/2 way up and IR's of a Vox Blue and ASW KTS 70. I would have had more fun at Axe Fest!

Keep the updates coming!

Back
Top Bottom