Axe-Fest Live Report

All I can say about James Santiago is that he is a very articulate, knowledgeable, and blew my mind. You WANT these cabinets. He used some real hardcore gear with very specific settings for certain applications and MY GOD he knows what he's talking about.

Are you talking about IRs or physical FRFR cabinets?

That James guy blew me away with his playing and tone.....amazing.

The jam James did with matt and members of Zappa plays Zappa at dweezilla this summer was one of the best in 50 yrs of my jam session experience, He is also married to scheila Gonzales , the amazing zpz multi instrumentalist

Tosin is a freaking monster...

2012-10-06_18-06-06_13.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

Don't stop posting from there, we are starved for info!!!

Axe-fx II, krk 6s, Parker Fly mojo, jeff beck strat, Casio PG-380 midi guitar

Why is there only like 26 people...? (that is including the mirror image LOL! :D)
Maybe the other 200 are surrounding Cliff and artists in the hallways? :mrgreen

75 at the fest and another ballroom with all the frfr setups. Freaking awesome

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

It's been a mind blowing day! Scott well-deserved shout out to Yek this morning (who could not be here) for all the work he does on this forum. Forum users will be really stoked about James Santiago's USER IR's that will be released FREE on Axe Change sometime in the the near future, along with some presets he played for us. Dweezil and Matt dissected his dad's famous "DynaFlanger" sound and it sounds like that one may also be unveiled on Axe Change in the coming weeks ahead. Cliff really wants AXE II users to create IRs and share them on Axe Change, and am grateful for them getting artists like James Santiago (who is a Vice President of Voodoo Labs and as good a tone genius as you'll ever meet, with all the coolest old gear and decades of experience figuring out what works). Scott did a great job this morning walking users through building presets, and Cliff did a great session on the tone matching block and how to use it.

This thing is great and we need to do an East Coast one sometime soon!

any word on the new Axe Edit yet?
...........................I am extremely envious of all you guys that could make this trip.
I really hope we can get one together in the Boston area.
also....What FRFR guys are there?

That was awesome. Heard some awesome playing and tones plus got to listen to a bunch of different frfr stuff. BTW........EAW monitors........frikkin huge in size and sound. Wow.

Back
Top Bottom