Axe effects with garage band

You just need a recording interface that is mac compatible, which is the case with most of them. Decide how many channels you need - you'll need 2 for the Axe. More if you want to record other instruments/mics at the same time. If you're using one set of speakers to monitor the computer and Axe signals, it may be desirable to get one with a monitor function - outboard ability to mix & adjust the signals coming from the computer with the Axe - useful for playing along with recordings on the computer.

Garageband (and Logic) are designed to integrate with the Apogee Duet, a simple, yet high quality interface. Other interfaces will work though.

funkle said:
You just need a recording interface that is mac compatible, which is the case with most of them. Decide how many channels you need - you'll need 2 for the Axe. More if you want to record other instruments/mics at the same time. It may be desirable to get one with a monitor function - outboard ability to mix the signals coming from the computer with the Axe - useful for playing along with recordings on the computer.

Garageband (and Logic) are designed to integrate with the Apogee Duet, a simple, yet high quality interface. Other interfaces will work though.

Do i need two channels becuase the axe has the ability to run two amps at once?

Also, if you want to use S/PDIF you will probably run into problems with GarageBand. The AxeFx digital out is 48kHz and I don't think there is any way to change GarageBand from its 44.1kHz default. It bugs me that I have to do an unnecessary D/A/D conversion but I ended up just using the XLR out.

thricegod1288 said:
Do i need two channels becuase the axe has the ability to run two amps at once?
No, just so you can record stereo output from the AxeFx. Or you can use one channel and record mono.

marshall2553 said:
Also, if you want to use S/PDIF you will probably run into problems with GarageBand. The AxeFx digital out is 48kHz and I don't think there is any way to change GarageBand from its 44.1kHz default. It bugs me that I have to do an unnecessary D/A/D conversion but I ended up just using the XLR out.
marshall2553 said:

This is 100% accurate. Cannot do 48KHz in Garage Band, so you will need to go into your sound card analog.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom