Axe Editor MIDI problem with Audigy 2 ZS..anyone?

Deltafit

Inspired
Hi guys. Trying to hook up my Ultra with my soundcard to use the Editor for the first time. I've got the two cables in place, went into MIDI setting and made sure all the settings were set for my soundcard. All latest drivers are installed and i've made sure im on the right MIDI and SYSEX ID on the Axe but i'm still getting the message: 'Check MIDI setting' on the Editor and im not able to access the banks or presets :( I'm hooked up to the internet btw.

Soundcard is: Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro. One thing that is confusing me is the 'Directsound/ASIO' option as i dont know what these are :oops: although i have tried both. The input meter is reading the input when i play so i looks like the sound is coming in just nothing coming out.

Any ideas?

I don't remember the exact model I have in my computer but I do have an Audigy2 something... it has the breakout box with additional ins/outs, midi ports, digital in/out... I run it on a WinXP box... and have never had an issue with MIDI on it. I haven't even updated drivers or anything.

I did take some work for me to get MIDI-OX configured to the correct ports. It wasn't that bad. I just didn't know for sure how I should connect things in MIDI-OX but I got it to work.

And the Editor has been able to connect without issue as well though the Audigy MIDI ports.

I can use MIDIOX absolutely fine and i'm able to update fireware without any problems whatsoever. I just can't get the Editor to work.. which says the MIDI in on the Axe works fine, i just hope the MIDI out is not broke...

If you sysex ID is the same between the editor and the axe-fx and the channel is the same it may be that you have to configure the midi ports on the audigy to make sure you can send and receive.

How to do that has always been a bit... lucky for lack of a better word for me. I was able to get it setup but I wasn't exactly sure what I did to get it to work. I can't remember if I did it in MIDI-OX or some control panel tool.

The directsound/asio thing was funny for me. With directsound I got the input meters to work but everything had this extra reverb around it. I think I went with ASIO and the input meters stopped working but the sound didn't have that extra reverb... it was exactly what I got from my QSC's.

Hi!

I have the exact same problem. The wierd thing is that it worked fine yesterday but when I turned it on today it said; check your midi settings.

I´m new to this so maybe I´m missing something simple :oops:

Thanks

Jesper said:
Hi!

I have the exact same problem. The wierd thing is that it worked fine yesterday but when I turned it on today it said; check your midi settings.

I´m new to this so maybe I´m missing something simple :oops:

Thanks

Jesper, Do you have the Audigy 2 ZS soundcard or a different one?

Back
Top Bottom