Axe-Edit to support "SideCar"

simonp54

Experienced
Wonder if there is a big hurdle for AxeEdit to support Mac SideCar? It would help me in my desk control space. I could have AxeEdit running on the Mac Laptop but visualised on the iPad. would be a nice extra control surface.

You can do this right now with Axe-Edit as this is functionality built into MacOS and iPadOS (assuming your Mac and iPad meet the requirements). Axe-Edit does not need to do anything special to support SideCar - just drag the Axe-Edit window to the iPad display when you have connected the iPad through SideCar.

Note that the default Axe-Edit window size is too large for the typical iPad display so just go ahead and resize that window - or click the + icon (upper-right of Axe-Edit) and the window will adjust to fit within the display size.

You can do this right now with Axe-Edit as this is functionality built into MacOS and iPadOS (assuming your Mac and iPad meet the requirements). Axe-Edit does not need to do anything special to support SideCar - just drag the Axe-Edit window to the iPad display when you have connected the iPad through SideCar.

Note that the default Axe-Edit window size is too large for the typical iPad display so just go ahead and resize that window - or click the + icon (upper-right of Axe-Edit) and the window will adjust to fit within the display size.
Cool. I must be doing something wrong then

If you're using older Mac devices which don't support SideCar, try the Display Duet app. Turns the editor into a touch screen app. Works great and pretty fast.

Great tip: it seems this will work with windows10 and an iPad too (my set up). Thank you! / bedankt!

Damn, didn't know any of this existed. (Then again I'm not a big Mac guy but I'll have to get an M1 to replace my antiquated Air 2013.)

Back
Top Bottom