Axe edit routing

Mike327

G'day,

I've built up a sick patch which I'm very happy with however, I think I have ran out of room to route in an FX Loop block. Is there a way I can route one in so I can send a feed to FOH as well as running a cab on stage in stereo?

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 11.14.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 11.14.23 PM.png
    226.5 KB · Views: 24
If you want the same signal to both just set Output 2 Mode to "Echo Output 1".

You also have 1 column (between Delay and Pitch) that is not used. You could shift everything over to the left by 1 if you need to add a block.

Alternately you can "extend" a row to another row using the Send/Return blocks.

You can use the fx send/return block to the extend the chain and wrap to two rows of the grid (page 183 of he manual explains the details and provides a screenshot example), basically i'd think you'd probably want to move Comp through Filter up a row and drop in a send block. Move the reset down a row and back a column and stick a return block in front of it, set the Mix to 100 and the Level to 0. That'd leave you a spot at the end to have an FX Loop above and to the right of the GEQ with a noodle going to it and a noodle connecting to output. That being said, I see you mention "running a cab on stage", if it's FRFR speaker that'd work, if it's a conventional guitar Cab you might wanna pull your Cab block all the way to the end and branch so the FOH is getting the cab sim and the FX Loop is getting no cab sim.

You can use the fx send/return block to the extend the chain and wrap to two rows of the grid (page 183 of he manual explains the details and provides a screenshot example), basically i'd think you'd probably want to move Comp through Filter up a row and drop in a send block. Move the reset down a row and back a column and stick a return block in front of it, set the Mix to 100 and the Level to 0. That'd leave you a spot at the end to have an FX Loop above and to the right of the GEQ with a noodle going to it and a noodle connecting to output. That being said, I see you mention "running a cab on stage", if it's FRFR speaker that'd work, if it's a conventional guitar Cab you might wanna pull your Cab block all the way to the end and branch so the FOH is getting the cab sim and the FX Loop is getting no cab sim.

Kinda like this?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 12.27.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 12.27.18 AM.png
    178.1 KB · Views: 15
Using Feedback Send/Return to extend the grid is discussed in the Axe-Fx manual.

Kinda like this?
Oh, and if you want to split so you have the Cab modeling/IR going to FOH, and your FX loop going to a real cab, just move the Cab block down a row to just after the GEQ with a shunt going to the output, then move the FX Loop back a column, with a shunt going from GEQ to it. No need to connect a shunt to the output in that case, simply having the FX Loop block in there will let you connect the FX Send outputs on the back of the Axe to your backline with a real speaker cab without getting double cab coloration from the IR and the physical speakers in the cab

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 8.20.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 8.20.45 AM.png
    107.7 KB · Views: 9
Oh, and if you want to split so you have the Cab modeling/IR going to FOH, and your FX loop going to a real cab, just move the Cab block down a row to just after the GEQ with a shunt going to the output, then move the FX Loop back a column, with a shunt going from GEQ to it. No need to connect a shunt to the output in that case, simply having the FX Loop block in there will let you connect the FX Send outputs on the back of the Axe to your backline with a real speaker cab without getting double cab coloration from the IR and the physical speakers in the cab

Oh wow thank you very much! You have helped me quite a lot :)

Back
Top Bottom