Axe edit problems

Fanoflukather

Hi I'm a newbie

Just bought my axe fx 2 after 30 years of heads and power amps.....
I'm not the most IT literate but I am having problems with axe edit
I have a new Mac book air -I've loaded the drivers and then the axe edit software -it appears to have all loaded but it doesn't appear on screen

AM I being thick and you need to change something on the AFX to trigger the software?? I have a USB connected -including during loading -Ive switched my AFX on and off etc -the software appears as icons on my desktop but does nothing else. When I click on the icons they simply start me at the beginning of the installing process

Any help greatly appreciated

cheers

Fanoflukather

I am not a mac user but after loading in win8 had to go through the installs of driver and edit.

Hi Fanoflukather,

Welcome to the forum! Just curious, when you have the Axe-Fx connected via USB and powered up, if you go to System Preferences -> Sound -> Output/Input, do you see the Axe in the list of devices?

:) The mac paradigm is a bit different. The icons that you see relating to axe-edit on the desktop are an artifact about how, under the covers, unix-like systems operate. They are merely "attachments" made to the file system. After the install you should clean them up by "ejecting" them in "Finder". Finder is that dark blue/light blue square "face" on the app dock at the bottom of the screen. (far left) Just under "Favorites" will be "Devices" and the Axe-Edit install package will be there. Just press the little "eject" icon and it should go away from both Finder and your desktop.

To see the applications press the F4 key that has 6 squares aligned in two rows. Notice that it's multi-windowed so look for the number of dots at the bottom of the screen. That will tell you how many application panes there are. You can group things by meaning to make it more usable. For instance, I have one pane that holds all my music related stuff. You can also create folders to further reduce clutter. Anyway, you should see The Axe-Edit icon somewhere there. It's a grey square with the fractal "bubbles" and the number 3 in the lower right hand corner. Click on it to open. Once open you can <control> click on the icon that shows up in the dock and under "options" there's a "Keep in Dock" option. Clicking that will keep the icon in the dock even after you close it so it's always a single click away. (note too that you can create folders in the dock to help organize things if you're list of often used apps get too big for the dock. :) )

Back
Top Bottom