Axe-Edit Over WiFi Driver Issues

JazzMac251

Inspired
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to discuss this issue, but I figure its worth a shot.

So I'm trying to get Axe-Edit to work over WiFi via this USB-to-Ethernet device called the AnywhereUSB/2. You just plug your USB device into the AnywhereUSB, plug the AnywhereUSB into a router via an Ethernet cable, install a driver on the PC you intend to connect to the USB device, connect to the router's network, and supposedly the USB device will communicate with your PC as though it was actually plug in via cable. This has been verified to work by another user in the forum (he gave me the idea).

Unfortunately it's not working out so smoothly for me.

I think have everything connected properly (for the most part, the AnywhereUSB configuration utility seems to have intermittent connectivity issues, though it seems the USB driver itself does NOT) and the Device Manager actually is recognizing that there's an AxeFX connected and it's seeing it as a "sound controller", I think something's wrong. Device Manager is throwing up the little yellow error triangle on the Fractal Audio Systems AxeFX II device with a Code 10 error (device cannot start).

I know this is supposed to work somehow, but I'm not sure exactly where the problem lies. The purpose of posting this in the Fractal forum (as opposed to the AnywhereUSB forum, which I already have) is because I was hoping to figure out what the issue is from the perspective of the AxeFX. What's it not seeing that it should, or what's it seeing that it doesn't like? I'm running out of options for troubleshooting this problem and I think this might help.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom