Wish Axe-Edit offline functions

Mr.X

Experienced
There's no reason I can think of to lock out the creation of banks and reordering of presets in banks when Axe-Edit is not connected to an Axe-FX. These functions do not use the Axe-FX for anything AFAIK, so no reason to grey them out, just grey out any "send to Axe-FX" or "receive from Axe-FX" functionality when it's offline.
Some sort of offline functionality is essential in my case, and anything that can be done to allow offline work with Axe-Edit would be a huge improvement, getting us back to the original functionality of the previous Axe-Edit which I sorely miss. It's such a big problem that it holds us back from updating our firmware.

The original axe edit behaved the way you describe. It caused a lot of issues. Go back a couple years in this forum if you want details.

The original axe edit behaved the way you describe. It caused a lot of issues. Go back a couple years in this forum if you want details.
Not to re-hash old stuff I've re-hashed before, look at my posts if you'd like to. Their solution was not the only way to go. I can give many examples of solutions that are much better than the method they used, but in the end they can do whatever they want. And I can complain about it if I want.
Anyway, that's not my point for this thread, it's only about these new functions that do not need the Axe-FX connected to operate (AFAIK) that could be allowed to work offline. Specifically, editing banks and rearranging presets.

I created a very small program that just allows me to reorder presets within a bank offline. If anyone is interested in trying it (it's just beta for now), PM me. Fair warning - it's Windows only!

Back
Top Bottom