Axe Edit "Notes" tab

Rook

Power User
Just had a thought for Axe edit... It would be nice to have a "notes" tab associated with each block. Something user editable and saved to a file (XML?) that could be shared. Then someone (not Cliff) could copy and paste the relevant notes from the Wiki. Since it is user generated content, it can include brand names, for instance in the Amp block when you select Boutique 1 and check the notes, it could have

* Based on: Matchless Chieftain, a medium-gain amp, thick, yet crisp, with a fair amount of power amp breakup. The Boutique 2 model is modeled with a boost for more gain and high-frequency emphasis. EL34. Speakers: G12M and G12H combined
* Suggested cabs: Matchless, G12M+G12H
* Original controls: Volume, Master, Bass, Treble, Brilliance (HiCut in model)

Basically like a cheat sheet version of the Wiki rolled in to Axe Edit. I would be happy to fill in all the details for the existing blocks, but I'm not sure I could continue to keep it up to date every firmware revision.

Like I say, user generated and editable, but we could share a file of useful info and tips amongst ourselves. Just a thought for another approach to the "user friendliness" that some are desiring.

This is a cool idea. My Pod XT Live did this in Line6 Edit and it was a useful way to keep track of how you were using a preset that you created for a specific tune or effect. A lot of guys would write patch use notes on patches that they shared with the community. Way helpful if you collected a lot of patches.

Yes. Put info from wi-ki into axe edit + Let user save notes in a txt file when saving and opening preset from hard drive.

I've been wanting something like this for years now, but I think that if we could get them to use metadata within the file that it would eliminate the possible mess we'd run into with having to share xml files.

I came up with a test of sorts using a bit of a hack, but if they could implement it into AxeEdit and have it read and write directly to the file it should work.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/user-cabs-irs/32831-tip-saving-custom-ir-info-your-patch.html

Back
Top Bottom