Axe Edit making selected logic track pan

ralphonz

Inspired
When Axe Edit is open my selected track in logic pro X pans round in a circle from hard left to hard right then back to hard left to hard right over and over again. This only affects the currently selected track in Logic but happens on a completely empty new project as well as projects with lots of tracks. If i quit axe-edit the panning stops. I've disconnected all physical MIDI inputs in logic on the Clicks and Ports layer of the MIDI environment - I.e. all cables have been removed.

I think its the software rather than the axe because I can leave my axe connected via USB and the panning stops when I quit the axe edit software.

Has anyone else experienced this? It makes it impossible to use Axe Edit alongside logic.

never had this issue....i use Edit with Logic open all the time.

i don't see how it's possible that Edit is sending a midi control message to the track in Logic to cause this, but if it's happening it's happening.

I know it's really weird.

I've just disabled "Send Realtime Sysex" in the midi utility menu on the axe. It's the tempo sysex that causes the panning... Any setting except for "Tempo" or "All" solves the problem.

Update for anyone else with this problem:

You can enable "Send Realtime Sysex" on the axe just filter out the SYsex MIDI messages in logic. Do it with Project Settings -> MIDI -> Input filter and tick the sysex box.

Reactions: npx
Back
Top Bottom