Axe Edit, Liquid Foot, Tuner data, same time

JustinAiken

Inspired
This is driving me nuts... not going to be able to probably enjoy my axe-fx rig until I get this working! :oops:

Would this hypothetically work?
willitwork2.jpg

I already have a MIDI splitter (3 way... I'll also be able to use it to trigger a MIDI pedal switcher), but need a MIDI merger if there's a chance this will work...

Can you elaborate a bit on what you want to accomplish? I don't think you want to send the midi-out of the Axe back to its midi-in.

EDIT: Nevermind, I misread the picture. I read the midisport's out as a thru.

I want to have it set up so that I can use Axe-EDIT on the PC, and the liquid foot at the same time. Some other people have simpler setups to enable that, but they can't access the AXE-FX's tuner from their Liquid Foot...

I want it all set up so that when the computer's not connected, the Liquid Foot functions as it should, tuner and all... but then I can plug in the USB MIDI interface too, and make presets using AXE-EDIT, while I control it with the LF too... so I could make a new preset that has a wah pedal, and play with my expression pedal plugged in the LF while tweaking other parameters with Axe edit...

The midi-out of the Axe isn't going back to it's own midi-in.. it's going to the computer, for AXE-edit communication, and also going to the LF JR (to transmit tuner data)

Okay, I've ordered a MIDI Merge, and a midi interface (the midisport sucks!)

I'll report and let you all know if it works!

I had a decent midi setup back in the early 90's with a few keyboards, samplers and such and used a device very similar to this to accomplish midi routing with multiple ins that all pass through to whatever outs you assign to them.

Think you're chasing your tail on this one. I don't think a cable will work, especially since the merger didn't.

I am able to use AxeEdit/FCB at the same time, but if I make a selection with the FCB, AxeEdit is out of sync. Seems odd that if i can make a change on the AFX itself, AxeEdit is aware, but not via FCB.

That and I can not update firmware or update the FCB in my config, but those happen so in frequently that I'm not that concerned with it. If I want tuner, I reach over & turn it on.

I can do more or less what you're trying to do. What I use is a MOTU Express something or other (not at home) midi interface which can route both internally and with usb midi. I can have Axe Edit and the Liquid Foot editor open at the same time and control the Axe with the LF. The beauty of this is of course that you can immediately see if your LF and/or Axe changes do what you're expecting them to do. Sometimes that the case, sometimes not, but that now seems to be more the case of editor flakyness than my setup.

Mike

PS I got the interface off Ebay for about $100 with a little keyboard and power supply thrown in.

Got it working!!! Using the rocktron 7 pin cable... otherwise the LFJR won't power the MIDI merger, and neither of my MIDI interface would either.

Well, I have almost everything working...

Axe-EDIT works, even while I'm using the LF and the Axe as normal...

But I can't use the LF Editor this way... thought that would be okay, but now I'm incorporating a GRX4 switcher and a MIDI controlled looper (2880), so I need to use LF editor too...

So back to the drawing board...

Maybe if there's a 2x2 MIDI->USB interface that can merge the outputs across, whether the computer is on or not? The midisport 2x2 will only merge when it's not connected to the computer...

Back
Top Bottom