Axe Edit: "Hardware Busy" WTF!?

Ant Music

Fractal Fanatic
i have recently upgraded my firmware to the latest as well as my axe edit version. now when i connect my axe through my Gordius Little Giant and and try to use Axe Edit i keep getting the status bar in Axe Edit reading "Hardware Busy" I've been trying to mess around with different midi settings but to no avail. i can't use axe edit at all at the moment. Grrrrrrrr. any thoughts?

geamala said:
i have recently upgraded my firmware to the latest as well as my axe edit version. now when i connect my axe through my Gordius Little Giant and and try to use Axe Edit i keep getting the status bar in Axe Edit reading "Hardware Busy" I've been trying to mess around with different midi settings but to no avail. i can't use axe edit at all at the moment. Grrrrrrrr. any thoughts?

Is your sysex ID set properly? I was getting the same message when I had downloaded the newest version of AxeEdit but was still on 10.01.

I was having problems with 10.03 and the latest version of AxeEdit, getting the "Hardware Busy" status as well, but not anymore. I am also using the frowned upon Emu x-midi, and it still works. :lol:

- Completely uninstall AxeEdit.
- Reset the editor settings by deleting the Axe-Edit.settings file: On OS X, this file is located in: ~\Library\Preferences\Fractal Audio\, on Windows it is located in: C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Fractal Audio\ (I deleted both files, one said Axe-Edit.settings and the other Axe-Edit(Beta).settings. I don't know if you are supposed to or not, but it worked. :cool: Even when you uninstall AxeEdit, these files stay behind. They are there log/troubleshoot midi problems from what I understand.
- Reinstall AxeEdit.
- Load up AxeEdit and check to make sure your midi device is selected.
- It should work now.
- Enjoy :D

I have this happening sometimes and I noticed that when I was doing the "midi test" it would start working again. Settings/audiomidi settings/test (the midi one).
Hope it helps
Philippe

Same thing happened to me the other day,
I go back and forth from using it in my live rig to straight through my interface to record in the house.
when i changed it back from live to interface i must have put one of the midi cables in my THRU
instead of my in/out
the axe edit was reading Hardward Busy,it took a friend(on this forum to trouble shoot it for me).
once the midi cables were in place it was back to normal.
hope this is your problem as it was a simple mistake...
Richb

biggness said:
I was having problems with 10.03 and the latest version of AxeEdit, getting the "Hardware Busy" status as well, but not anymore. I am also using the frowned upon Emu x-midi, and it still works. :lol:

- Completely uninstall AxeEdit.
- Reset the editor settings by deleting the Axe-Edit.settings file: On OS X, this file is located in: ~\Library\Preferences\Fractal Audio\, on Windows it is located in: C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Fractal Audio\ (I deleted both files, one said Axe-Edit.settings and the other Axe-Edit(Beta).settings. I don't know if you are supposed to or not, but it worked. :cool: Even when you uninstall AxeEdit, these files stay behind. They are there log/troubleshoot midi problems from what I understand.
- Reinstall AxeEdit.
- Load up AxeEdit and check to make sure your midi device is selected.
- It should work now.
- Enjoy :D

cheers mate. i'll give this a go. it's definitely not the cable or anything silly like that. let you know how i go. thanks.

Back
Top Bottom