Axe Edit + Edirol FA-101 not talking to my Ultra

Loving my new Ultra , but having trouble getting it to talk to Axe Edit.
I have connected
- Ultra midi out ---> Edirol midi in
- Ultra midi in ---> Edirol midi out

I keep getting "Status - Check midi settings" message in the upper left corner on Axe Edit.
Here's a snapshot
axeproblem.jpg

Midi Channel and sysexid are both the same values on Axe Edit and Ultra.
I'm running Win7 64bit , latest drivers on Edirol , no other midi devices connected.
"Midi in" button on Ultra is not lid, or flashing.
Anyone?
Thank you

I've just got my Axefx ultra a few days ago and I also have an FA-101... and this morning the package of midi cables arrived. So yeah I'll be trying this out tonight... I'll let you know how it goes. I'll be using my Macbook primarily, but I have a PC with both XP and Win7-64bit so I'll try that as well when I get the chance.

Edit: I'm working on it now and looks like I'm getting midi in/out with my fa-101 and the mac. Don't have time to check on windows yet, maybe on the weekend (however I've never had the fa-101 work with windows). But at least it's not a hardware issue.

Ok today I had time to install the fa-101 driver on windows 7 64bit and try it out. It seems that axe edit now has 3!! fields for entering the sysex id. So initially I tried "0 - 1 - 25" because the axe is running 125. But that didn't work so I converted 125 to hex and got 7D. So with "0 - 0 - 7D" as the sysex id it is working for me. Fairly clean install of win7, newly installed drivers and we're off and running.

Now if I can just pull some nice tones I'd be a very happy chap.

Note: I can not get it working on Windows XP, either with the FA-101 or a MIDI to USB adapter. I suspect that the XP MIDI stack is just too badly broken to work. So go with Vista or Win7 if you must use windows.

Thanks for your continued posting fret on your status with the fa-101. That is what I am going to use when my ultra arrives. I will keep that hex conversion in mind for the sysex id. I am horrible at setting things up so I imagine that would have been a stopping point for me, anyway more advice for the fa-101 you can think of?

Back
Top Bottom