Axe Edit Comunication Error when using Pro Tools 10

Perry73

Hi all I have a strange problem, when I use Axe Edit as a stand-alone application all work fine, but when i use AE during a PT session for reamping I have a comunication error. When I close PT all work fine......Any Interaction between the 2 applications???
Someone can help me????
I use AE on OSX, AXE FX II last firmware
Thanx a lot
Bye
Gas

Last edited:
I have the same problem with Logic. I think it is because the DAW has the Axe Soundcard locked to it. I am also looking to see if there is a solution...

You can only have one or the other running at the same time, since PT uses the inputs and outputs it'll use most of its CPU % of the Axe while the AE will try to use some CPU % at the same time so it'll be a problem. That's just the easiest way i can think of that won't allow them to be used at the same time. The same issue occurs to me when i have guitar pro 6 open and PT11 open at the same time. The GP just turns into an overclocked app and makes the tabs sound like it's 2x sped up lol I doubt there is a solution to this except just using one program at a time.

I'd recommend just tracking your guitar and reamping after you're done tracking, reamping should be the last thing to worry about since you're able to reamp in real time while listening to everything while in the mix.

Problem is I wanted to cycle though the Cab presets to see how they sound. I recorded the dry track in Logic. I output to the axe-fx to hear it. But when I try to run Axe-Edit I get the timeout. Is there any easy way to cycle through the cab presets while listening to playback from Logic?

Also having an issue midi related with Pro Tools (a few posts below about HUI). Something is afoot at the Circle K. Nobody with knowledge wants to help me though. Sad day.

Back
Top Bottom