Axe-Edit Communication Problem (Mac)

Krakadon

Inspired
Much to my frustration, I'm not able to use Axe-Edit. I get one or another of two error messages ("Unknown Device - Version information could not be queried" or "Communication Error"). I have had intermittent communication problems in the past, especially while running my DAW which is connected via FW and isn't on the USB bus. I guess this is exacerbated since updating to FW15.07 and AE3.01. My system details are below. Like I said it was working before, at least most of the time. I've tried reinstalling everything but that didn't fix the problem. Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions? This is driving me crazy and I need to get it fixed. Thanks.

I noticed this too..
from one of the more recent 15.x loads on, communication between the Axe and Axe Edit breaks down often
to get it back I have to close AE and boot the Axe..
booting just the Axe don't seem to fix it

the unfortunate side effect is that I also have to reload the audio interface in logic [switch to another, switch back and activate] because the Axe is part of an Agg Interface..
pain in the rear

when reamping, I've taken to not using AE at all.. so I tend now only to use AE when editing presets and / or moving presets around etc [without the DAW being open]

Mac Pro / Mountain Lion

Same problem. Communication problem AxeFx2 - AxeEdit. Breaks down often.
Latest firmware 15.07 + latest Axe Edit.

I am working on IMac (sept 2013) + Cubase 7.5.
Got no problems with earlier versions of firmware. Problems started only with latest FW.

Im in the same boat…it just all of a sudden stopped talking to my axe-FX. I don't even get the error messages anymore. I/O USB connection to the axe-FX still works just fine. Everything works just fine at my work computer which is running Mavericks.

I actually switched back to Mt. Lion from Mavericks on my Laptop for this exact same issue…and even more weird is that I didn't update or anything…it just all of a sudden stopped. I got some error message once and then no communication after that. The only thing I can think of on my end is this patch that I uploaded from axe-change…it is from an OLDER firmware…but it was working fine for like 3 days! IT no make sense.

MAC OSX Mt. Lion

Hey everyone, I was able to resolve this problem w/the help from Ryan @ Fractal Support. Its a blatantly easy fix.

Try resetting the MIDI I/O ports in Axe-Edit. You can do this as follows.

1. Launch Axe-Edit.
2. Go to Settings -> Preferences
3. On the General tab set the Ports to "<<none>>"
4. Close Axe-Edit.
5. Launch Axe-Edit again.
6. Go back to the Preferences and set the Ports to "AXE-FX II MIDI"

Obviously you'll need to have your axe-fx on and connected to your machine via usb.

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom