Axe Edit Bug when toggling FX?

pauly

Fractal Fanatic
G'day all,
Don't know if I've uncovered a bug or this is expected behavior.

Scenario:
Axe FX using USB Midi with Axe Edit on the PC (Todays version)...also,
Midi controller (FCB1010) sending controller messages to Axe FX II (via MIDO port) to toggle effects - say 'Drive1'.. It Sends the CC# and Value to turn on/off (1/65). IOW , tap a switch on the controller, it toggles the Drive on or off. It works fine.

Result,
Though the Drive is toggling on and off, Axe Edit doesn't show it.

Thanks
Pauly

Really? I use my FCB and AE together all the time.

Pauly, the behavior you mentioned is exactly what I was talking about in your other thread (probably the wrong place to discuss it - sorry). I read somewhere in this forum a while back that if you [...butchered explanation deleted...lol, see below...], AE will show changes in the patch made thru MIDI in real time. It works but I've found it has to be set up in each patch which is a huge pain. I know I'm describing the technique badly. I'm searching for the proper explanation and will post a link here when I find it.

My question was if it's possible to set it up globally....

Ah, here it is. I butchered the explanation badly:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-e...oesnt-update-midi-cc-changes.html#post1126165

Make sure that at least one effect in the preset has Bypass Mode attached to a (any) controller.
Doesn't have to be a connected fx or one you actually use, so select a low-CPU one.

Last edited:
Hello.

This is the expected behavior, but there's an easy way to get Axe-Edit to update changes made on the floor: just press F5 (REFRESH).

Hello.

This is the expected behavior, but there's an easy way to get Axe-Edit to update changes made on the floor: just press F5 (REFRESH).

I can't be the only one that likes having AE up while playing and using a MIDI controller. It seems ridiculous that one must configure the BYPASS MODE link with an unused controller or press F5 (hard to do while playing) to have AE register changes amidst all of this wonderful tech...

Back
Top Bottom