AXE EDIT - ANY TIPS ON SAVING AND MOVING PRESETS AROUND?

Brogen72

Inspired
This may seem pretty basic to some of you, but to me storing and moving my presets around is not as intuitive as one would think. I back up bank A from time to time because I really mostly use presets 0-10 that I have created and have most everything I need collected there. I take snapshots of my presets so they are in the Axe Edit file I case I need them, but I find myself wishing there was an easier way to move around and store my primary presets and change the order around without losing say preset 5 for example, because I moved the previous preset that was there and now another preset auto-filled that space and it's still not right. Sometimes I save a preset to a new location and I end up with two of the same presets in my line up. I don't know....

To be honest I try not to mess with it or experiment with moving my preset order around too much because even though I back things up, I'm paranoid that I'm going to loose one of my best presets that I have put soooo much time into tweaking and I wont be able to get things back to normal in time for a band rehearsal or a gig so I just deal with it. But I do want to get a good hold on setting up & changing 0-10 preset slots because I want the Axe Fx to evolve with my playing and my needs.

Any tips?

On the hardware use Store > Swap.

Also, as announced, AE's new management tools are in the testing phase.

On the hardware use Store > Swap.

Also, as announced, AE's new management tools are in the testing phase.

I've looked at that but I need that overall big picture, I love Axe Edit so I'm looking forward to Axe Manage!!!

What I usually do is copy my bank A to bank C. Then you can use the copy preset function in Axe Edit to copy the preset from bank c to the location you want it in bank A. That way you still have your original layout located in Bank C if you want to revert to the old order.

Back
Top Bottom