Axe Edit and RipWerx together?

spikey

Experienced
Hi,

I just ordered the Uno chip for my FCB1010, and getting ready to start using it with my ultra. One (of many) question popped up....

Are you guys using Axe-Edit along with the Ripwerx FCB1010 editor at the same time?
If so, how are you doing that midi wise?

Pc midi OUT->fcb1010 IN
fcb1010 OUT->Axe-fx IN
Axe-fx OUT-> PC midi IN

You must enable MIDI merge on the FCB1010. Note that in this way you can only send sysex to your FCB1010, you can't receive. For firmware update or patch dump connect directly PC to Axe-fx

Ok... Do they use their own set midi channel in this way? (the Axe-fx and fcb1010)? Do u set one using midi channel 1, and the other as midi channel 2?
Or am I making this way to hard?

I'm pickin up my fcb1010 w/uno locally today...so it looks like I will need a total of 3 midi cables for this config correct? If a FCB1010 has already been modded with the UNO, would it need some firmware update? and if so, this three cable method should work to do this. My understanding is the limitation would be only to update the firmware to the AXE itself, in which case, it is best to connect midi from PC/Mac directly to the AXE and not via the FCB....sound right?

update...i have loaded ripwerx on my imac...but something very funky with the java app I believe...so I am going to run of windows.

I have followed voes doc on setting up the fcb1010 to recieve sysex data...and the corresponding lights lit up etc...

what is unclear to me is if i need to disconnect my axe fx (for the initial setup only) and only communicate directly between pc and fcb. Is this due to the "Patch dump" (settings sent to the fcb determining how it will function/behave) which cannot be done whilst (look at that first time i've used 'whilst':)) axe fx is in the loop/chain??

thanks

edit: I loaded on windows and disconnected the axe-fx. seemed to work good. much smoother running on windows (unfortunately) I wish there was a utility like this that ran equally well on mac. Now just trying to find where the cc#'s are for the axe so i can customize on ripwerx to send to my fcb.

after i've done this, i'll try using the fcb+axe edit at same time. seems possible based on the threads I've been reading.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom