Axe Edit 3.3.0 Available

i did a quick live stream this morning and compared the Old vs New layouts for the Amp and Cab blocks in Axe-Edit.

i plan on making an in-depth comparison as an article on my site, showing what went where and detailing the differences, but for now you can watch me look at the differences for the first time and try and figure it out :)

i personally don't like that because if i'm just switching between a Browser or a document and Edit, i'd have to wait for it to pause and unpause everytime.

just click Pause on the top left of Edit when you don't want it active. Edit is not, and never was, intended for performance. if you need fast MIDI communication, pause Edit.

FreeMind's request is also valid so maybe it could have an option to pause in background and unpause in foreground. There are many apps (or even windows within apps) that allow this option and that would satisfy both of your concerns.... and you say it's not intended for performance... well I don't think that's the case. It's just that currently it makes it difficult to use in a way that doesn't interfere with what I consider a normal workflow. If Axe-Edit ever becomes a DAW plugin (the type where it's managed by the DAW but is only acting as a front end for the Axe much like UA and others) then these types of lag and interference issues will come front and center... so we might as well voice the concern now.

PS thanks Fractal for the update and thanks Chris for filling the video and making it a visual introduction to the changes. I think it really helps for people to see rather than just read.

Fuck yes, Thanks Michael, damn good job here, my fav update to the axe edit in forever, I LOVE The switches, keep those idea's rolling man!!!!!

and you say it's not intended for performance... well I don't think that's the case.

it isn't intended for performance though :) it adds delay and needs extra time for communication when changing blocks or presets, and i think those things are already well-known, hence why it isn't meant to be used while performing, or recording.

sure, if there could be an option added for auto-pause foreground/background, that'd be great. i still personally don't see the benefit and i'm not sure many would use the option. hopefully i'm allowed to voice my opinion here.

it isn't intended for performance though :) it adds delay and needs extra time for communication when changing blocks or presets, and i think those things are already well-known, hence why it isn't meant to be used while performing, or recording.

sure, if there could be an option added for auto-pause foreground/background, that'd be great. i still personally don't see the benefit and i'm not sure many would use the option. hopefully i'm allowed to voice my opinion here.

Well, I think of it like this: It can't be used for performance b/c of the lags and spurts in communication. However we would like it to be used live or during recording. I doubt that Fractal sat down and said hey, this thing isn't for performance or recording so let's not worry about the midi communication soup. But hey, maybe they did.

And yes, of course you can voice your opinion... but maybe simply suggest it be an option even though you don't need it.

I just installed the new Axe-Edit and was checking things out in my amp. block. I clicked on the Preamp tab and noticed the tube type had changed from Vintage to Modern. I doubt Axe-Edit would have changed this, so I'm wondering if the Quantum update I did when it came out changed this parameter? Anyone else notice that or any other parameter change?

Have it installed me and pulled up even Quantum Beta again.
Now the Factory Cabs are again only until F179 appears on the XL in Axe Edit, instead of as previously to F691. So, as it should be. The User Cabs go now to U1024.
Unfortunately CabLab 3 sends still the IR's place at S001 to S004 to the User Cabs. This time on U0513-U0516. Do I therefore still waiting for an update of Cab Lab?

so dephase is in two places in edit now huh?

when you select a Mono cab, Dephase is in the first tab.

when you select a Stereo cab, a new Advanced tab appears, and Dephase is moved there, along with Low and High cut, and some other parameters.

Well, I think of it like this: It can't be used for performance b/c of the lags and spurts in communication. However we would like it to be used live or during recording. I doubt that Fractal sat down and said hey, this thing isn't for performance or recording so let's not worry about the midi communication soup. But hey, maybe they did.

And yes, of course you can voice your opinion... but maybe simply suggest it be an option even though you don't need it.
Yeah, but I think that this has been discussed over the years and Chris is just basically reiterating what we've been told or at least led to believe from those conversations. I don't recall if FAS has said as much, but given the fact that everything about the AxeFX stuff has been gone over with a fine tooth comb and improved upon I don't think that they would have just ignored the lag if there was a viable solution to change it.

I could be wrong. I'm just saying that Chris isn't trying to shoot anything down as much as he's probably just trying to explain something. Or maybe he's just really mean. :)

Yeah, but I think that this has been discussed over the years and Chris is just basically reiterating what we've been told or at least led to believe from those conversations. I don't recall if FAS has said as much, but given the fact that everything about the AxeFX stuff has been gone over with a fine tooth comb and improved upon I don't think that they would have just ignored the lag if there was a viable solution to change it.

I could be wrong. I'm just saying that Chris isn't trying to shoot anything down as much as he's probably just trying to explain something. Or maybe he's just really mean. :)

Ok, let's see the forest for the trees. Regardless of whether it's for performance or not, I agree that they wouldn't overlook this. The request is for working around that issue and making the user's workflow a little easier by pausing the communication automatically when the window is in the background.

I support the request. I would have let it be but thought felt it was being shot down prematurely b/c it wasn't useful to someone else.

Ok, let's see the forest for the trees. Regardless of whether it's for performance or not, I agree that they wouldn't overlook this. The request is for working around that issue and making the user's workflow a little easier by pausing the communication automatically when the window is in the background.

I support the request. I would have let it be but thought felt it was being shot down prematurely b/c it wasn't useful to someone else.

Make an official 'Wish' for this, but as an option in 'Preferences' ?

And for the love of God.......................RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!...............:eagerness:

I just installed the new Axe-Edit and was checking things out in my amp. block. I clicked on the Preamp tab and noticed the tube type had changed from Vintage to Modern. I doubt Axe-Edit would have changed this, so I'm wondering if the Quantum update I did when it came out changed this parameter? Anyone else notice that or any other parameter change?
this is happened to me also AXE FX II MKII

Back
Top Bottom