Axe-Edit 3.1.3 released!

Apologies for a potentially stupid question but where is Presence Shift in AE (new one) ?

I know its only on certain USA (Mesa) models but damned if I can find it....

Me too.

And all my musician friends - near and far - think i work for Fractal as much as I tout it :)

I have a 2 Chan Mesa Triple, an '87 Marshall JCM800 and a Splawn Quickrod that haven't even been powered up in over a year....

When i opened Axe-edit 3.1.3 it reported "Axe-Edit needs to read and save block definitions that have changed".
I'm curious as to what generally is going on when this happens.
Anyone know? TIA.

keeps getting better and better.

Old pic is still appropriate! :)

9W1WORE.jpg

It's reading the new block settings/data/whatever/etc from the Axe itself. I assume that means new parameters, new amps, fx types and so on.

It'll only happen once, and you're good to go from here. Until of course, there's a new FW update.

It's reading the new block settings/data/whatever/etc from the Axe itself. I assume that means new parameters, new amps, fx types and so on.

It'll only happen once, and you're good to go from here. Until of course, there's a new FW update.

Thanks, Jefferski. Just so i completely understand, is this so Axe-Edit can take into account the user edits i have made in the previous FW version(s)?

Went to the cab block and preamp tab - type nad mode are empty. Anyone else?

Foind it ihis thread:
Settings>Preferences>Block Definitions>Refresh>Wait a Minute>Should be OK

Last edited:
Went to the cab block and preamp tab - type nad mode are empty. Anyone else?

Refresh the effect blocks.

M@ - please put that in huge bold letters and make those instructions the hyperlink to download axe-edit, so people have to read it to get the download itself.

Refresh the effect blocks.

M@ - please put that in huge bold letters and make those instructions the hyperlink to download axe-edit, so people have to read it to get the download itself.

It actually is in bold letters in the user guide. :) You would think after all these upgrades it would be common knowledge no? And if you are new to the software you should have just read it. Obviously it couldn't hurt to put it in the release notes but I am just pointing out that it's not like it's some obscure hidden function.

Just curious ... where are the Release Notes stored on your drive? I see them when I first install Axe-Edit 3.1.3, but don't find them in my Axe Edit or Fractal Audio folders. It might be useful to be able to refer back to them, occasionally.

It seems like it might be beneficial if Axe Edit stored the last version of Axe Edit that the block definitions were updated as well as the Axe firmware version. This way it could notice that even if the firmware hasn't changed, the Axe Edit version has changed, it needs to update the block definitions.

Just curious ... where are the Release Notes stored on your drive? I see them when I first install Axe-Edit 3.1.3, but don't find them in my Axe Edit or Fractal Audio folders. It might be useful to be able to refer back to them, occasionally.

Save them wherever you like when they get displayed on the install.

Good Morning, this new addition below is only accessible through the front screen correct? I was exhausted last night and couldn't find it and just want to make sure I'm not missing it on axe edit....thanks in advance

"Added “DYN EQ” GUI page to Amp block. This page now holds the Dynamic Depth, Dynamic Presence, Character Amount (Char Amt, previously named “Character”)
and Character Freq parameters as well as two new parameters: Character Type and Character Q. Character Type selects between a shelving behavior or a peaking behavior. The previous behavior was always shelving. Character Q controls the bandwidth of the response when the peaking behavior is chosen. The Character parameters now control a powerful dynamic equalizer that can be used to achieve tones and feel impossible with a real amplifier. Negative values of the Character Amount along with a peaking behavior result in midrange scoop where the scoop increases as you play harder. Positive values result in a midrange boost as you play harder. Experiment with the frequency, Q and amount to achieve interesting dynamic response.

Back
Top Bottom