AXE EDIT 3.01 - Still getting Error- Communication Failure due to time-out (solved)

Do you have user cabs in slots 51 and higher, and did you clear those already?

just spent 20 minutes trying to find out how to clear user IR's...

i am running W7 64bit, the latest FW, latest USB driver and latest AE and fractal bot version.
if i got this correctly there seems to be a file which can clear IR's out of the AXE, however this file seems unlocatable...

EDIT:
i have also tried another USB port as by the switch the software install menu is reinitialized.
in some cases this can help when USB hardware is not found, unfortunately this had no effect.

i also just browsed through the user cabs. there are only factory cabs being shown on the axe display,
so i guess that all IR cabs already got deleted due to the "reset system parameters" option i have tried before.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the link, i was searching in the AE section specifically, didn't think of a general troubleshooting FAQ. i'll go through that after work! :)

i just hope that this whole AE thing will be resolved by FAS soon, it's about time, seriously.
whenever i find some time to power on the box something does not work. this has been a
regular sequence since i bought the axe, it's absolutely annoying and frustrating.

Do you have user cabs in slots 51 and higher, and did you clear those already?

I don't have user cabs in these slots, I just have one user cab at slot 1. But that doesn't matter because I loaded this Firmware 11 clean system file into the Axe (with Fractal Bot), but that didn't work either.

Also check tips on this page:
Axe-Edit - Axe-Fx II Wiki

On Windows install driver 1.68
On Mac install driver 1.67.

I already checked that page and tried everything that's mentioned over there. One thing I recognized is this strange behaviour: I installed driver 1.68 (and as you can see it IS installed), but the control panel says 1.67. The driver version that was installed before was older than 1.67, so it's not the case that both drivers are installed at the same time.
axefx driver.jpg

IIRC that control panel information is incorrect. You do have 1.68 installed.

No, reset system params in Utility does not clear user cabs.

Uploading the 'clean' system files deletes user cabs 1-50.

For 51-100 you need an empty cab IR.

An empty cab IR is attached to this post:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/74884-troubleshooting-faq.html#post915618

That post also lists all troubleshooting measurements.

ok, i did everything described in there without sucess. i have also noticed that all the presets on my axe are gone when i updated the FIRMWARE from 11.3 to 11.5 (No i did not mess with the hidden system parameters)

i have also completely removed the axe driver/axe edit and reinstalled everything...

i'm trying axe-edit kinda for the first time...

i notice that my emtpy cabs in in slots 1-50 say

(EMPTY)

while the empty cabs in 51-whatever say

EMPTY

wondering if those all need to be actually deleted and not the data of a cab called "EMPTY"??? maybe that's what the clean system is actually solving above?

Back
Top Bottom