Bug? Axe-Edit 3.0.4 Min/Max Modifiers

GM Arts

Fractal Fanatic
Just a minor one:

In the Edit Modifier window, cannot click on the value text box to edit/type a precise value for the Min and Max controls only.

FW: v13.02
AE: v3.0.4

Perhaps these are read-only because some settings are just off/on, but it would still be handy to be able to edit the vast majority of settings that are numeric.

Last edited:
haha, ok thanks again Bakerman, this time for reminding me to RTFFAQ :) I suspect it's because not all parameter values are displayed with numeric values.

So for those who are interested, the workaround is ...

1) In Axe-Edit, exit the Edit Modifier window
2) Click pause (top left)
3) On the Axe-FX, find the modifier and set the min/max values you need
4) In Axe-Edit, click to resume

Possibly more convenient: Ctrl plus mouse wheel or arrow up/down will adjust any parameter in the same increments as front panel.

Well that works - are you sure you're not Cliff under a different username?

But I did read the manual on edit resolution before posting, and found that the method I use (click & drag) isn't listed under "EDITOR" on page 9, but it's described on page 6. UP/DOWN are listed as fine adjustments, but are actually a little more coarse that click & drag. I didn't bother to try CTRL+wheel, because that's listed as a coarse adjustment, but you're right, it's actually the finest of all, same as the Axe-FX.

Using SHIFT for finer resolution doesn't appear to work that way for me either, it just has less changes over the same mouse drag distance. Anyway, minor points, you've helped me yet again Bakerman. If you're ever down under, I owe you a beer or more. :)

Back
Top Bottom