Axe but true - meta**ica Cover.

Sounds pretty accurate. The feel and tone are pretty much there.

However, the palm mutes are a little weak compared to the original. They kind of putter out at the tails, like you're not digging in hard enough. Don't be afraid to get rough with the strings. Show them who's boss.

Also, try and play a little harder during the intro. Right now, it sounds kind of like you're just strumming the chords. Listen back to the original. The original opening chords sound like they're literally exploding out of the amps, like they're saying "here we are, motherfuckers! HA!"

Basically, you're about 90% there. Just put a tiny bit more attitude into your playing. Really rip into your instrument. That should get you the rest of the way easily. Also, for the palm mutes... maybe you'd do well to up the gain just a tad.

Thanks for your feedback.
I used EMG81 installed hamer californian 92' droptuned.
I'm not sure that I saved this patch.. I just dialed here and there and started recoding.
Due to the fact that current editor has no preser manager and saving function, Axe is pretty messed up now.
but I'll check that out when I get back to my home. ;)

GreatGreen said:
Sounds pretty accurate. The feel and tone are pretty much there.

However, the palm mutes are a little weak compared to the original. They kind of putter out at the tails, like you're not digging in hard enough. Don't be afraid to get rough with the strings. Show them who's boss.

Also, try and play a little harder during the intro. Right now, it sounds kind of like you're just strumming the chords. Listen back to the original. The original opening chords sound like they're literally exploding out of the amps, like they're saying "here we are, motherfuckers! HA!"

Basically, you're about 90% there. Just put a tiny bit more attitude into your playing. Really rip into your instrument. That should get you the rest of the way easily. Also, for the palm mutes... maybe you'd do well to up the gain just a tad.

Hehe you're right. when I dealing with Axe, I easilly overlook the 'attitude'... I press record button, back to my guitar real quick, check the timeline, check the Axe, make sure current take is recorded now, ... pretty hard to concentrate on playing.. man, I need to have somebody to press god damn record button !! :)
Another reason could be string gauge, I used .046 but james used .51 for this song.

Very good job, man! The drum sound is pretty good, too.
Try to turn up the low-pass frequency to about 80-100 Hz in the amp block's advanced tab to clean up the bass for a tighter chugga chugga.

Back
Top Bottom