Axe 3 won't see incoming midi clock

ozone67

Hi. Sorry to ask a question that is probably a stupid one, but I can't get my (new) Axe 3 to sync internal tempo to incoming clock down USB.

I've got my Axe 2 seeing it just fine, but the 3 doesn't change when I run Ableton. Swapped USB between 2 and 3 but no change.

Tempo to Global or Preset makes no difference - which it wouldn't from recollection.
What have I missed? Feeling a bit thick here.

16.04 and latest Edit.

I’ll have a look in the am UK. But I doubt that it’s a usb issue given that the unit communicates with Axe Edit, and the same usb into the axe fx 2 is fine.
So it’s not a setting you think?

I’ll have a look in the am UK. But I doubt that it’s a usb issue given that the unit communicates with Axe Edit, and the same usb into the axe fx 2 is fine.
So it’s not a setting you think?
Sorry Al. Just realised it was you so I’m sure you have a good idea. I’ll check tomorrow. Was just wondering if you had a suspicion of what it might be. Thanks.

I have used BandHelper to send midi clock to my Axe Fx III over USB from an iPad/iPhone, so it definitely has worked... But it's been over a year since I tried (stupid COVID!)

Hi. Sorry to ask a question that is probably a stupid one, but I can't get my (new) Axe 3 to sync internal tempo to incoming clock down USB.

I've got my Axe 2 seeing it just fine, but the 3 doesn't change when I run Ableton. Swapped USB between 2 and 3 but no change.

Tempo to Global or Preset makes no difference - which it wouldn't from recollection.
What have I missed? Feeling a bit thick here.

16.04 and latest Edit.
Just to make sure: You'll need to do more than just swap the 2 and 3. You'll need to change the clock destination in Live as well.

Sorry Al. Just realised it was you so I’m sure you have a good idea. I’ll check tomorrow. Was just wondering if you had a suspicion of what it might be. Thanks.
Yes, just thought some midi messages were maybe only handled on the din5 ports

Ok, so yes Al, it does work when midi is patched on 5 pin.
And GlennO, you are absolutely right.
Ableton has to have Output: Axe FX3 Sync On for it to pass via USB in Midi prefs.
I wasn't watching that when I had the Axe 2 in circuit. Set it up years ago so I'd forgotten.
Thanks so much.

Back
Top Bottom