Axe 3 with power amp

npdcoremetal

Inspired
I have had a matrix power amp which i loved but it got fried. I now have lx2 its pretty great as well. I am running the axe 3 into the lx2 then to mesa cab. I shut the power amp model off and cab of course. Everything sounds super nasally. Its very displeasing to the ears. I love fractal i started with the ultra. I dont remember it sounding like this. Now to be fair i used to love boogie cabs. They are cool but imo made too well. I have in the last year decided mesa 412 just inst for me. The 212 sounds amazing but havent tried that combo yet or other cabs. Am i missing something? Into my daw everything sounds stellar. Into a cab its almost too much to bear. I did get a qc to try and more so for a compact rig in 4 cable or a jam rig through small power amp. That way my axe stays safe. At the time no fm9 was available and it was cool to play. Tried kemper too. That lasted about 3 weeks.
Any suggestions?

... I shut the power amp model off ...
This is something you don't want to do with the LXII unless the Presence and Depth buttons are on. The LXII is designed to be a very neutral sounding power amp so that you can utilize the Axe's excellent power amp modeling. I'm not sure if that would make it sound nasal but you should certainly give leaving the PA modeling on a try. Cab sim should be turned off for sure.

This is something you don't want to do with the LXII unless the Presence and Depth buttons are on. The LXII is designed to be a very neutral sounding power amp so that you can utilize the Axe's excellent power amp modeling. I'm not sure if that would make it sound nasal but you should certainly give leaving the PA modeling on a try. Cab sim should be turned off for sure
Done both same

This is something you don't want to do with the LXII unless the Presence and Depth buttons are on. The LXII is designed to be a very neutral sounding power amp so that you can utilize the Axe's excellent power amp modeling. I'm not sure if that would make it sound nasal but you should certainly give leaving the PA modeling on a try. Cab sim should be turned off for sure.
Although if i play out again prob need to run it on because ill want to do foh too instead of running two separate amps and chains
But same nasally result
Every model
I am gunna try my 212 may just be that cab but highly doubtful

I have had a matrix power amp which i loved but it got fried. I now have lx2 its pretty great as well. I am running the axe 3 into the lx2 then to mesa cab. I shut the power amp model off and cab of course. Everything sounds super nasally. Its very displeasing to the ears. I love fractal i started with the ultra. I dont remember it sounding like this. Now to be fair i used to love boogie cabs. They are cool but imo made too well. I have in the last year decided mesa 412 just inst for me. The 212 sounds amazing but havent tried that combo yet or other cabs. Am i missing something? Into my daw everything sounds stellar. Into a cab its almost too much to bear. I did get a qc to try and more so for a compact rig in 4 cable or a jam rig through small power amp. That way my axe stays safe. At the time no fm9 was available and it was cool to play. Tried kemper too. That lasted about 3 weeks.
Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom