axe 3 presets to fm9

Terref69

I just got my FM9 (omg what a unit) I noticed that the gift of tones had different presets for each unit and I would like to transfer MY axe 3 presets to the fm9.
Tried with a thumb drive but didn't work. Although the presets that come with the FM9 are freaking amazing. so I assume I will make some from scratch. Any Ideas?

I don’t think you can do it via FractalBot, but I do think you can fire up FM9 edit and import the preset through the Preset menu. As long as it doesn’t overtax the unit… you might be better to import the FM3 versions, they’ll work for sure.

I'm not at my unit, so this is from memory, someone correct me if I’m wrong.

There are several ways to transfer presets between the units, but they all require you being familiar with the differences between the units.

The easiest is to use Fractal-Bot, either the standalone or the version embedded in Axe-Edit, and backup the bank that contains your presets. When it finishes, drag the bank file into the left pane of FM9-Edit’s Preset Manager and let it scan the contents. Drag the presets to the destination slots in the right panel then click Save. You can make multiple selections of the presets on the left or right panes, and you can rearrange them on the right. Click Close when you are finished.

Edit will replace any blocks not available on the FM9 with shunts. You will need to compare the presets on both systems to figure out what you want to recreate and then figure out how to recreate them if you decide that the missing block was essential to the sound. Usually that won’t happen but it is something that occasionally pops up.

If the preset was really pushing the FX3, it might not leave enough CPU free for the FM9 to run properly so you will have to find ways to reduce CPU usage, typically I do that by opening the Scene Manager and analyzing the blocks used in each scene and removing ones I won’t want.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom