Axe 3 Cab Smoothing / De-Phase ..... has this changed / been improved for the Axe 3 (?)

ben ifin

Experienced
Hi all

When I was using my Axe 2 XL whenever I applied some De-Phase it never really "did anything" for me .... I could hear the change to the tone but it wasnt, to my ears, preferable .......I was used to Pure Cab in my Kemper [which I liked] and my Helix has no such equivalent "effect"

Having found out yesterday that De-Phase is now Smoothing in the Cab block, I pulled up some presets I have made and found that setting the Smoothing to between 3.5 <-> 4.0 was really nice ..... it [no pun intended] smooth-ed off some of the IR harsh high end and softened some of the mid-range-rasp ..... once I got to 4.0 and over, the smoothing effect turned into a more of a negative than a positive.

This may just be a placebo affect on my hearing ... or the fact that Im going from memory from the Axe 2 XL De-phase .... but is Smoothing in the Axe 3 the same as the old De-phase -or- has it been tweaked for the Axe 3 (?)

Anyone else hearing / liking the Smoothing parameter in the Cab Block (?)

Ben

Um. I found that De-Phase was highly dependent on the Cab (at least in the II). It was prominent in some, and non-existent in others.

I would suspect that it's the same story in the III. If you like it...it's good.

Edit: I check it quickly if I make cab changes in the III, but find it's not necessary for the most part. YMMV.

R

Back
Top Bottom