Axe 2 putting in work...tech-y death/grind...

somata

Inspired
Hey all...my band's been chipping away at a follow-up to our 2018 ep and decided to do a little teaser in the form of releasing the first finished song. And then I decided to sink myself into After Effects for 3 days to cobble together a video for the release...

Just wanted to share here, if you dig it, you can grab a free download off of our bandcamp...

[youtube]

For anyone who's curious, tracked with my JP11 7 string with some Dimarzio pickup that's not stock (I suspect it's an Illuminator due to it's similarity to a 6 sting JP13 I had for a bit) and my Axe FX II. My live Dual Recto patch for my main/left channel and an approximation of a Mark V that uses Petrucci's Mark V settings from some video I stumbled across. Tracked direct using a combination of the 4x12 Solo Redwire cab and one of the Ownhammer Bogner Uber cabs on the main/left and the 4x12 USA Trad 906-421 and 4x12 Petrucci V30 mix. All fx including the weiro pitchshifter over the first two riffs tracked as part of the guitar sound, not added in post...also, I'm on a firmware from like 2015...blasphemy, I know.

I have all this Petrucci stuff and don't even like Dream Theater...go figure, dude's got impeccable gear...

Back
Top Bottom