AX8 with acoustic guitars.

I'll try this. Glad to find pointers like these. Any other pointers welcome :) Thanks.
I recommend playing around with some of the patches out there that do soundscapes that sound like a synth or string section. They sound amazing when mixed tastefully with the piezo.

You can find 2 clips I recorded here. Both piezo equipped guitars.

Wow - sounds great! I've never been fond of the piezo sound, but that was starting to approach the sound of a good SDC (which can be a pain live). Thanks! (sorry, the forum would not let me re-post the link in my quote since I have less than 10 posts)

I recommend playing around with some of the patches out there that do soundscapes that sound like a synth or string section. They sound amazing when mixed tastefully with the piezo.

Can't wait to try this! I love using pads that swell then playing melodic lines over them - but that's usually something I can only to with an electric (and often one with a midi synth pickup). Looking forward to trying this with an acoustic and the AX8.

One of the main reasons I bought mine was for Acoustic use (reverb/Looper and IRs are amazing)

I can't seem to be able to upload a patch :S

While the tone match was created on the AxeFX II this thread demonstrates the beauty of it all. You can load the tone match into the AX8's cab block.

Very cool! Too bad you can't create a tone match with the AX8. But as long as I can load matches done by others then that works too!

You can make tone matches with your DAW and plugins. With reaper and melda freeform, you could be up and running for around a hundred dollars.

You can make tone matches with your DAW and plugins. With reaper and melda freeform, you could be up and running for around a hundred dollars.

Sweet. I run a recording studio and use Reaper - so no problem there. Is there a tutorial somewhere? I'm assuming this involves more than just an eq curve (impulse response?).

Avoid use any acoustic IR from other people, take a good mic and Tone Mach your acoustic guitar (in live mode always). It will take you 5 minutes.

Different pickup systems, guitar bodys, etc with other IR dont work in the same way if you make your own TM.

Them you can export cab and use with AX8.

If you make a good tone mached process you will only need a little eq.

It's a fantastic tool with an acoustic; even better if you can find some good acoustic IR's to fire it up. Here's a clip I recorded direct with a free acoustic IR I found on the web, the optical compressor and some Parametric EQ and filters.

@2112 Would love to try that preset!

Back
Top Bottom