AX8 With 5150 3 50 Watt in W/D/W set up

Jocarios

Hey All,

Brand new to the forum, just ordered the AX8, and looking to hit the ground running. I know the FX8 is designed specifically for tube amps but I do have interested in using the modeling at some point, and for recording purposes... I plan to use the 4CM to run effects to the front of the 5150 3 Amp, and then tap off my Rock crusher line out back into the fractal for all the effects I want to feed the wet stereo side of my set up. I have been reading the forums and manual etc... and it seems this is totally possible, as long as you remove the amp and cab blocks.... Any one have advice for me on this set up? I know the AX8 can do midi, and so can my 5150 3 50 watt head, so I don't see an issue with channel changing on the amp. Has anyone tried sticking an A/B switch in the mix, to where you could have it set to run in front of the tube amp, or step on the A/B and have it then feed straight into the FX loop on the amp, (then turn cab modeling off, but leave amp modeling on) to utilize most of the abilities of the AX8? would this work? If the idea of an A/B switcher wouldn't work, I am fine running it purely as a multi fx processor, and saving the modeling stuff for variety when I record.

Back
Top Bottom