AX8 Wishes

Wish:

Add a new "Router" block for signal routing that has only one parameter "Bypass Mode", with values of either "Mute" or "Through". This eliminate the need to use one of the other blocks (GEQ, PEQ, Filter, VOL) for signal routing and would potentially use less CPU than one of these other blocks since it only has one parameter. 4 instances would be nice.

Minimum and maximum value for volume pedal when used as global volume.
Aux input block:
- input 2 as an auxiliary input
- out 2 is (or can be) used to echo out 1.
As I recall this was possible in the Ultra but not any more in the II.
I like to use the FX block as an extra input for piëzo's or synth guitars and use output 2 to feed my monitors. this way I can control my volume without it affecting the volume to FOH.

Minimum and maximum value for volume pedal when used as global volume.
Aux input block:
- input 2 as an auxiliary input
- out 2 is (or can be) used to echo out 1.
As I recall this was possible in the Ultra but not any more in the II.
I like to use the FX block as an extra input for piëzo's or synth guitars and use output 2 to feed my monitors. this way I can control my volume without it affecting the volume to FOH.

You didn't have to do it with Input 2 with the AxeII since it had stereo inputs. I had it set up with the front input (Left) for my magnetic pickups and the rear input (Right) for the Piezo. The Mixer block was used to route the Left and Right signals separately. Since the AX8 has only a single Mono input, we need this added. I want to do the same as you.

Option to go to lower resource consuming effects. When my streaming HD 1080 is flaky, I can go to 720. There are a few effects that I don't need to be super "HD" like reverb or drives. (i.e. lower the sampling rate)

And yes, I have seen the ways to lower usage from the manual, I have taken advantage of that.

You didn't have to do it with Input 2 with the AxeII since it had stereo inputs.
Actually I did because sometimes I used piëzo's(L) and synth guitar(R) at the same time.
Check this out:

Let us revive this thread to see if anything new has popped up

So we still have global blocks, scene reload and preset list/overview on the top of the list

I would like to see
Moke's suggestion of amp A/B in addition to the current X/Y
Update to Quantum 2.0
If no global blocks in Ax8 then the option to copy block settings quickly to a number of other presets (easiest to implement in Ax8edit)
Polytune style tuner (big for me)
The option to buy the tone match block as a vst plug-in for my DAW, so I can create my own tone matches and load to Ax8.

"Update to Quantum 2.0": there's really no need to add this to wishlists. It's been stated many times that developments such as amp modeling will be transported to the AX8.

But man, almost 300 messages plus a public wishlist for a device you haven't got yet. That's noteworthy. :rolleyes:

That said - the waiting time has given me much time to plan my new setup and think about, how I want it to work. That has also forged quite a few questions.

"Update to Quantum 2.0": there's really no need to add this to wishlists. It's been stated many times that developments such as amp modeling will be transported to the AX8.

But man, almost 300 messages plus a public wishlist for a device you haven't got yet. That's noteworthy. :rolleyes:

it's great to hear Yek. thank you :)

I'll +1 being able to use footswitches as controllers. i.e. reverb hold

also I'd like to be able to set a switch to momentary.

I'd still like a global tuning adjustment for the pitch shifter. I play with a variety of folks and in several situations I end up playing a half-step down. So it would be super handy to go into a global config option and say I'm playing a half step down so that intelligent pitch shifting would compensate appropriately. And I'd rather not have to create separate patches for when I'm playing in standard tune (E minor, A Mixolydian, and G minor) and when I'm dropped a half step (Eb minor, Ab Mixolydian, and Gb minor). I'd like to just have one set of patches for E minor, A Mixolydian, and G minor and have them adapt to my global tuning adjustment.

Back
Top Bottom