AX8 Wish: Additional Input Pad Option

kruzty

Inspired
Since there is no specific AX8 wish section, I'll post this one here:

Include a 3db option for the input pad.

For more than one of my guitars, 6db is too much and 0db is to little. 6db is great if I'm doing some hard strumming but I can barely get a green light on single not leads. 0db is good for single note leads, but can get pretty bright read on hard strums (especially if it is coil-tapped humbucker and I switch from single coil mode to humbucker).

If this has something to do with hardware, then this probably can't be changed. Or if it doesn't matter that much, could which is more preferable: sometimes pegging the input or a lot of the time having a weak input signal?

Since there is no specific AX8 wish section, I'll post this one here:

Include a 3db option for the input pad.

For more than one of my guitars, 6db is too much and 0db is to little. 6db is great if I'm doing some hard strumming but I can barely get a green light on single not leads. 0db is good for single note leads, but can get pretty bright read on hard strums (especially if it is coil-tapped humbucker and I switch from single coil mode to humbucker).

If this has something to do with hardware, then this probably can't be changed. Or if it doesn't matter that much, could which is more preferable: sometimes pegging the input or a lot of the time having a weak input signal?
This would require a hardware change. If you are clipping the input at 0dB, then use the 6dB pad.

EDIT: Using the pad raises your noise floor. If you hear no change in the input noise, then there is no harm in using the pad.

Back
Top Bottom